Biden Announces Re-election Bid

Your assurance is empty. Which makes it silly nonsense.

And you forget to mention that Obama took office at the bottom of the '08 recession. There was nowhere to go but up. And the growth only occurred in the first six years. During his last two years, it was flat. And Buden’s (Obama term three) performance has managed to stall out the growth achieved under Trump just like what happened in '15 and '16.

Here’s where you pipe up with “But Covid!” :wink:

1 Like

He is … We’re almost back to where it was in 2015. :wink:

She will be not be offered anything. Whether i feel or opine on the subject of some fantasy your general media sources dreamt up is irrelevant.

Longest economic growth since ww2.

Trump did great with the economy. I don’t disagree

But it was the same growth in economic indicators as under Obama except for one which he moved over the line after it stalled … at nearly record lows

But President Trump great with the economy.

Of course you collective will never recognize or give credit to Obama’s numbers or you will rationalize them away like you did lest you catch fire.

you think biden will be ultimate candidate ?

No idea. I don’t know. I think they will try force newsom into the picture

all these dreams….; )

1 Like

:blush::blush:

True.

Someone who somehow, incredibly, may be less electable than Biden:

Think we’d see many ads showing dilapidated blocks of San Francisco and such ?

1 Like

Probably right but i think jumping the gun on polls before someone actually starts campaigning is probably premature

Look at desantis polls before and after campaigning. They collapsed. Works both ways. Though i have no idea what Newsome would be like nationally

Do you think delapitated parts of Wilmington look better than bad parts of San Fran? :blush:

Name recognition could be a part of underperforming - yet Trump is still very unpopular. So imagine a would-be matchup between well-known malignant narcissist like Trump and not-as-well-known CA governor in the state of Pennsylvania and by 15% margin, those people who just voted for Biden four years ago prefer the malignant narcissist.

Maybe, maybe not - or at least not as infamous. Did you catch Charles Barkley talking about SF during the NBA All-Star game ?

Either way, not a great comparison - as far as I know, Joe Biden was never a mayor of Wilmington nor a governor of DE.

The “dilapidated blocks” of San Francisco are essentially limited to about a quarter-mile square downtown.

The rest of the city is one of the most beautiful and sought-after places to live in the country. The only thing keeping me from moving back to SF tomorrow is the price tag of a house I’d want to live in.

And I’d have to take the Bar again.

1 Like

Perception, perception, perception. Again, pointing to Chuck:

With that, my question stands. Do you think we’d see those ads and how do you think these ads would be perceived in swing-state suburbia ?

Yes because the little known governor of California hasn’t campaigned. They know him as some guy. You can’t compare polls like that imo

There is a thread on this forum where posters are arguing that it’s the mayors that run the cities not the governors when it comes to crime. While i dont agree with most of the silly they are pushing, how many do you think think like that and even if not that then how can that thought process be influenced by good campaigning.

Iow don’t jump the gun. People were ready to anoint desantis.

Who cares what Charles Barkley thinks?

An ad showing the “slums” of San Francisco (essentially, the blocks surrounding City Hall) would play well with Trump voters. “Swing State Suburbia” isn’t a real thing, in the sense you mean.

1 Like

A) Not “little” known. B) His opponent is well known and largely disliked.

If Newsome were really “little” known, wouldn’t voters of PA largely be choosing him over a well known and mostly detested Donald Trump ?

In this case, Mr. Newsom has been both. Lots of attack fodder here.

First part of this post is at odds with the second one.

Barkley is obviously someone who’s pretty far from being a Trump voter

Trust me, it’s not just Trump voters + one Charles Barkley who feel that way :sweat_smile:

As the last election clearly showed that Americans will vote for President trump.

What has changed in 2024. From 2020 in terms of his like ability or hateability

He didn’t get wiped out by Biden. He barely lost.

Never won the popular vote; his net favorability sucks. Actually, I thought Biden’s victory was pretty decisive.

Not in pa it wasn’t……