Biden administration hails a bold initiative to cut global warming emissions

OPEC announced an immediate reduction in global warming emissions by cutting petroleum production by 2 million barrels per day. Based on previous statements, the White House should have supported the bold climate initiative but instead they bitterly opposed it in a hail of accusations:

The President is disappointed by the shortsighted decision by OPEC+ to cut production quotas while the global economy is dealing with the continued negative impact of Putin’s invasion of Ukraine. . . It’s clear that OPEC+ is aligning with Russia with today’s announcement.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/10/05/joe-biden-complains-opec-oil-cuts-shortsighted-releases-more-strategic-oil-reserves/

In contrast, here is what Biden said back in January 2021:

Leaving the Keystone XL pipeline permit in place would not be consistent with my Administration’s economic and climate imperatives.
Keystone XL pipeline halted as Biden revokes permit | AP News

During his campaign, Biden promised to end fossil fuels.

Shouldn’t Biden be supporting the OPEC production cut, which fits so well into his stated policies?

8 Likes

Brandon and his people are total idiots. The shortage of oil and high gas prices are self inflicted wounds on their part.

There was an abundance of oil under the oil friendly Trump administration.

Cheaply priced at that.

2 Likes

You are confusing long term goals with short term political realities.

1 Like

Yes, Biden has been working to end pipelines and end drilling to cut American production, but then he throws a tantrum when Saudi Arabia cuts production. It makes no sense.

Curiously the White House attacks OPEC by claiming that reducing oil production supports Russia. Logically Biden’s own policies of cutting production in North America are supporting Russia as well. Is Biden following the Putin playbook?

2 Likes

This whole ill thought out “green” initiative is beyond stupid and will wreak havoc on our nation in many ways and some, not even considered yet.

If you want to do the most to reduce emissions…stop allowing products into the US that if produced here, would not be allowed by our laws. Why is THIS not happening? I’ll tell you why. This whole ■■■■■■■ thing is corrupt and designed to sound virtuous, to get the stupid on board, while those making the money ride off into the sunset unnoticed.

When I hear Brandon speak, then consider that supposedly 81 million voted for this dumb turd, I then think…who really are the stupid people?

4 Likes

oh hell there’s plenty left in our strategic reserves yet. at least until election. THEN we’ll end fossil fuels

2 Likes

Petulant children.

2 Likes

Critprogs still asleep?

4 Likes

Infrastructure to produce oil and gas requires many years of to pay back.

Biden has been telling the oil and gas industry to stop investing. They will never see any return. Killing the Keystone pipeline is the most obvious example.

“I would transition away from the oil industry, yes,” Biden said in the presidential debate’s closing minutes under peppering from Trump. “The oil industry pollutes, significantly. … It has to be replaced by renewable energy over time.”
Biden calls for 'transition' from oil, GOP sees opening | AP News

During the lockdowns in 2020, Democrats killed Trump’s proposal to fill the SPR with $24/barrel oil. Many US oil and gas drillers went out of business as a result. We would have more oil in the reserves and more oil and gas production now if Democrats had supported Trump’s plan.

Actions have consequences.

https://rollcall.com/2020/03/25/oil-purchase-to-fill-strategic-reserve-dropped-from-stimulus/

2 Likes

Brandon is taking the wind out of their mouths…I mean sails. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Think they fee fee it all slipping away?

2 Likes

Oh look now Biden is bribing Venezuela with sanctions relief for oil.

Also contingent on having fair election. I don’t see that happening.

9 Likes

what a haphazard joke of an administration of literal children

3 Likes

They were already 3 million barrels under.

This will definitely help push more people to EVs though. Everyone who took the plunge on EV fleet solutions last year will sit real pretty soon.

Are you lamenting a lack of participation on these boards?

2 Likes

The goal of the Left is to end US fossil fuels! It makes the greenies in the US feel good since only US fossil fuels cause so-called climate change. Other countries could give a flying ■■■■ and will simply due what’s in the best economic interests of their countries.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure. What I’m observing is that when mileage or time takes it’s toll on the battery, the replacement cost exceeds the value of the car and doesn’t make monetary sense to replace it. It appears to be accelerating the junk pile. The gas vehicles will not incur this for many miles down the road IMO.

3 Likes

I am actually surprised this hasn’t been tried sooner. Not only for oil, but also to reduce immigrant flow

Funny!

No. He was complimenting you for not being masochistic. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like