'Bible literacy' courses in some Kentucky schools are breaking the law, ACLU says

Never been to a mass but from a fairly early age I found our worship services and Sunday school interesting.

That’s not how it works. Just stop pushing this crap in public schools.

i have been to both Mass (Boring!)
Also to evangelical churches (a bit strange, and also Boring!)
Also to more lower key protestant churches (Boring)

This was mostly as a kid…but also went to a few as an adult.

I found it amusing, the BS they spew, and then ask for money.

Once one knows the history of religions, and how man has manipulated them to gain, or increase their power, it becomes clear how corrupt the systems are.

Pretty much the same today, especially the Mega churches, with preachers who are worth $20-$500+ million dollars.

It’s sick.

1 Like

The bible should be taught as part of our history. Because, it’s a major part of western history.
It’s also a major part of world history.

As well as the Koran, Vedas and the Upanishads, the Guru Granth Sahib, Pagan bible, etc…

Until Lemon, it did not BoR did not apply to states.

Of course i am serious. Just read the history of the BoR and you will quickly learn they were amendments the states demanded before ratifying the Constitution. The BoR was specifically written tas further restrictions and limitations upon the central government, not the states and certainly not the people.

States are bound by the bill of rights too. It’s in there.

By your logic, states can jmprison people for free speech. Is that really what you think?

Stick with that. Its a real winner. Truth is, without religion, primarily Christianity, the West would have wallowed in ignorance and the Dark Ages for far, far longer.

Are the KY public schools accepting federal funding?

There’s this nifty thing called the 14th amendment:

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The rise of Christianity and Islam, was the cause of the dark ages. (although a lot of progress was made in the sciences and math in the ME during some of that time)

When reformation occurred, and then the enlightenment period, (the beginning of getting religion out of governments) is when we truly started to progress.

Good argument.

Public schools have had World Religion classes for decades. This is teaching Sunday school in public school.

Lib nonsense.

It sustained the very practice of reading and writing for centuries. THE VERY FIRST book printed on the printing press was the bible.

Put your hate away.

This is very Eurocentric.

As I just mebtioned…

The very first book printed on the printing press was the Christian bible, your revisionist zeal notwithstanding.

I’m sure other major advances in our world also owe Islam and Judaism.

You people will try to make religion irrelevant. But you will fail.

You know that’s not actually true right? Even if we overlook the printing presses that existed in Asia long before Gutenberg, the Bible was not the first thing Gutenberg printed.

Straw man Alert

No one here is trying to make religion irrelevant.

It should be studied, criticized, praised and put into perspective as to where it pertains today.

if people still want to follow any religion, fine by me.

Just keep it separated from the governments.

Besides his mom’s recipies.