BETO GRILLED: Woman Confronts O’Rourke at Campaign Event, Says ‘Hell No’ He’s Not Taking Her Guns

Originally published at: BETO GRILLED: Woman Confronts O’Rourke at Campaign Event, Says ‘Hell No’ He’s Not Taking Her Guns | Sean Hannity

Beto O’Rourke found himself in the hot-seat during a campaign stop this week when a local woman pressed the politician over his pledge to “confiscate” certain firearms; telling the presidential hopeful “Hell No” he can’t take her guns.

“I am here to say, ‘Hell no, you’re not.’ With that, I’d like to know how you intend to legislate evil. Because it’s not the gun, it’s the heart of man that does that. We all have these stories; we all have experiences,” said the unidentified woman.

“I want to know how you intend to legislate the hearts of men and leave fellow citizens like myself defenseless,” she added.

A woman confronts Beto O’Rourke over his claims that he is going to confiscate people’s guns

She tells him “Hell no!”

O’Rourke’s supporters were so rude to the woman that O’Rourke repeatedly has to tell them to knock it off pic.twitter.com/LD9ORGJHHT

— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) September 20, 2019

While Beto frequently calls for the confiscation of certain weapons on the campaign trail, he’s also urged the creation of massive new government programs.

O’Rourke added to the list of rights -like Freedom of Speech and Religion- enjoyed by all Americans earlier this month; saying workers have “the right” to live close to their employment.

“Here’s a tough thing to talk about though we must. Rich people are going to have to allow — or be forced to allow — lower income people to live near them. Which is what we fail to do in this country right now. We force lower income working Americans to drive 1, 2, 3 hours in either direction to get to their jobs. Very often minimum wage jobs that they’re working 2 or 3 of them right now. What if, as we propose to do, we invested in housing that was closer to where you work. Very often mixed income housing meaning the very wealthiest are living next to those who are not the very wealthiest in this country,” said O’Rourke on the campaign trail.

Living close to work shouldn't be a luxury for the rich. It's a right for everyone. pic.twitter.com/lohRdoFGrH

— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) September 10, 2019