Besides Tax Cuts For The Wealthy - What major domestic thing has trump accomplished?

Presidents sign budgets. Fail. Presidents also submit budgets. Fail.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/whitehouse/trump-budget-chief-confirms-big-defense-boost-nondefense-cuts

Super fail

Jobs in line with historical trend. GDP in line with historical trend. Lord hot stuff thrill up mah leg

Its not harder when the government enacts yuuuge fiscal stimulus via deficit spending, increasing back to 2009 levels. You do realize government spending is part of GDP calculations? Dont you love $1trilion deficits?

Read the budget and tell me that only one side is responsible for what is in it.

M

The President’s budget is NEVER approved. It is only and always a starting point for the Congress to craft the actual budget that eventually gets passed. He gets to claim his wish list andthat is all it is.

SUPER FAIL on your part.

M

The sun rises in the east. The daytime sky is blue. However, if one watches CNN all day they may never see any evidence of these truths. But if one opens one’s eyes and observes life happening, these truths are fairly easy to verify.

Yes we get it. Now that Lord Trump is in office, Presidents have nothing to do with deficits, debt and budget. :laughing:

I’m sorry if they forgot to tell you the proper function of each branch of the government in your civics classes, but the budget is ALWAYS the province of the Congress.They hold the purse strings.

Check your Constitution.

M

I know totallyz. Presidents take 0% blame for debt, spending, and deficits. I remember you shouting that so loudly 2009-2016. MAGA! Thank you for such amazing consistency.

This makes no ■■■■■■■ sense. GDP growth is a sign of a great economy. It’s not harder to have GDP growth in a great economy, it’s a defining characteristic. This is one of the dumbest assertions I’ve ever seen.

5 Likes

I can tell you which side has been responsible for the vast majority of the increase to the deficit. Because math. The GOP tax cuts.

I said the same thing back then. I’ve been decrying the Congress for DECADES on this issue. This is their primary job and they have been muffing ot for most of my adult life.

I think perhaps you’re projecting - blaming The Republican Congress for the deficits during Obama and trying to blame Trump now.

M

I’m speaking of the employment factor. With near full employment it is harder to have growth in the GDP. You need to have growth in population - labor - when you have near full employment, usually, but Trump has managed growth in the GDP despite the available-labor shortage.

M

No.

The Congress spent MORE money than the budget before, even though they had the tax cuts.

That’s the very definition of deficit spending, You spend LESS if you think you will take in less. They ignored their own predicitions and spent MORE - much more. And despite the fact that revenues were astually up, the spending was WAY up - as it always is - and we have deficits as a result.

M

Ya sure you did. You were all over these boards reminding conservatives how little, if not 0%, Obama’s responsibility was for the debt and deficit. What a joke

Revenues since the tax cuts are down given all projections.

Deficit borrowing in a expansion/peak time of the economic cycle will do that.

It’s ■■■■■■■ stupid and morally bankrupt, but you can do it.

3 Likes

So are you calling me a liar? That seems to be what you are doing.

Yes?

M

And Congress does it all the time.

M

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/trump-tax-cuts-federal-revenues-deficits/

" Go Figure: Federal Revenues Hit All-Time Highs Under Trump Tax Cuts"

Apparently nothing Trump can do is good, in your book.

M