BERNIE'S UNHAPPY MEAL! Sanders TARGETS McDONALD’S, Says Company Must Pay Workers $15 an Hour

Originally published at: BERNIE’S UNHAPPY MEAL! Sanders TARGETS McDONALD’S, Says Company Must Pay Workers $15 an Hour | Sean Hannity

After setting his sights on Walmart, Amazon, and Google, Vermont Senator and 2020 candidate Bernie Sanders is now targeting McDonalds; saying the global burger chain must pay its workers at least $15 an hour across the USA.

“If Amazon can raise its minimum wage to $15 an hour, there is no reason that McDonald’s—a company that took in $1.4 billion in profit and paid its CEO $22 million—can’t also pay its workers a living wage,” posted Sanders on social media.

“In my view, if McDonald’s has enough money to buy back $22 billion of its own stock, it damn well has enough money to pay all of its workers at least $15 an hour,” he added.

If Amazon can raise its minimum wage to $15 an hour, there is no reason that McDonald’s—a company that took in $1.4 billion in profit and paid its CEO $22 million—can’t also pay its workers a living wage.

— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) May 23, 2019

In my view, if McDonald’s has enough money to buy back $22 billion of its own stock, it damn well has enough money to pay all of its workers at least $15 an hour.

— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) May 23, 2019

A handful of Democratic candidates echoed Sanders’ demands Thursday; supporting a nationwide strike by McDonald’s workers.

“Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro, Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D) and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio(D) joined striking employees around the country, while Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who had to remain in Washington, D.C., to vote for a disaster relief bill, addressed the striking workers via a live town hall and pledged to sign legislation as president to raise the minimum wage and strengthen worker protections,” writes The Hill.

“Today, we live in the wealthiest country in the history of the world. But tens of millions of workers don’t know that, because they’re working longer hours for low wages,” Sanders said during the town hall. “Does anybody think that that is moral, or that is right?”

“I’m proud to march alongside @McDonalds workers in Durham, NC this morning striking for fairer wages, better conditions, and the right to unionize. I’m going to join workers anywhere they’re fighting for a living wage and safe working conditions,” posted Julian Castro on Twitter.

I’m proud to march alongside @McDonalds workers in Durham, NC this morning striking for fairer wages, better conditions, and the right to unionize. I'm going to join workers anywhere they're fighting for a living wage and safe working conditions. pic.twitter.com/Lox3bhq7dt

— Julián Castro (@JulianCastro) May 23, 2019

Read the full report at The Hill.

@ Bernie Sanders.

Don’t ya just hate those millionaire CEO’s?

Darn one percenters! You’re not a millionaire are you Bernie? lol.

I’ve seen some fast food restaurants say that people can pay a certan percentage
of their food with Food Stamps. lol. In the future, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Democrat Politicians try to make it able to buy anything food related with food stamps, no matter where you go! Well, except maybe really fancy restaurants. They don’t want to have to eat next to their voters. They just want their votes, so they can keep corruptedly getting more power and money.