Bernie dodges question about effect of immigration on wages

Yes, white blue-collar workers used to be the base for the Democratic Party. In 2016, these voters recognized that the Democrats were more than happy to give their jobs to immigrants and foreign workers.

In 2020, I would not be surprised if the rest of the blue-collar vote will move towards Trump as the Democrats promote open borders. In 2018, they even refused to support a resolution of support for the federal agents who enforce the laws:

On Wednesday, the House voted on a bill that simply expressed Congressā€™ ā€œcontinued support for all United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers and personnel who carry out the important mission of ICEā€ and ā€œthe efforts of all Federal agencies, State law enforcement, and military personnel who bring law and order to our Nationā€™s borders.ā€ . . .

Just 18 Democrats voted for this resolution. Thirty-five voted no. And the other 133 dodged the issue altogether by voting ā€œpresent.ā€ Democrats complained that the vote was just a political stunt.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/illegal-immigration-democrats-open-borders/

1 Like

The second option would be acceptable.

That does make some sense.

:fire:

I donā€™t think heā€™s ever really had a job, so maybe he was just out of his element

Thatā€™s the whole thing n a nutshell. Well put.

Probably so.

Thatā€™s just sad. Should tell us all we need to know about Democrats

1 Like

Good find!

:fast_forward:

Sue it does, from energy it take to produce them, raw materials shipping them to distributors and final destination.

All depend es on that energy/oil.

It tells me that poster in question never had entry level job. :wink:

1 Like

Every study ever done shows that the tighter the labor pool the higher wages that are offered.

They also show that as the labor pool grows there is downward pressure on wages.

There is no job Americans wonā€™t do if enough money is offered.

Conan, you have to remember that Democrats are intellectuals and are so much smarter than others. We are just too dumb to recognise the nuances they pick up which turn basic economics on their heads.

Any American supporting open borders supports the suffering of Human trafficking and that is sick.

Human trafficking is actually negatively correlated to openness of borders.

(No I am not promoting open bordersā€¦simply pointing out this argument is fallacious).

Falls!

Such intellectuals repeat things over and over again just to convince themselves theyā€™re intellectuals. :wink:

How do you fuel your 24/7 gaslight?

I understand that facts and data might appear as gaslighting to someā€¦

Claiming you have facts, and the ideas you hold actually being facts, or being forensically relevant and probative facts are not the same things.

Iā€™m confused. I though getting rid of the minimum wage would be good for the US economy. Why are Republicans so concerned about immigrants working low wages?

Basic economics, labor is a commodity, when you have excess labor the price goes down, when you have a labor shortage the cost goes up.

The supply and demand equation is the same whether the commodity is labor, crude oil, potable water, or corn.