Bernie dodges question about effect of immigration on wages

I think that JayJay’s point is that flooding the market with oil has no effect on the price of spark plugs.

When illegals take over doing the manual roofing work in an area, that’s not going to hurt the roofing contractors. Heck, they may appreciate the cheap labor so much they’ll give money to their local open borders legislators.
And maybe you can say those jobs don’t pay so well anyway so Americans wouldn’t want them. But if illegals weren’t doing them, someone, likely without many college skills, would have to do them. And it would require paying what was needed if one wanted roofs.
So for those who barely made it through high school, there’s an opportunity gone to make a semi decent living.
You don’t really need to perform some statistical study to figure this out…though feel free to do so.

1 Like

So now you guys wanna force businesses to hire only Americans AND make them pay higher wages?!

Well, okay then, komrads.

Bernie missed that lecture.

:no_pedestrians:

Personally, I’m not against immigrants. But they must be legal, and the affect on wages must be considered.
I believe that is the administrations position too.

1 Like

And yet, the head of the administration personally hires more illegal immigrants for low skill labor than all the Dem candidates combined. But all talk and ignore actions is how Trump Republicans have to be nowadays.

Phony.

1 Like

Who would that be and just how many are hired?

Personally?

Each and every one?

That’s nice.

Maybe he did.

Or maybe…he’s a politician…

That some of you think statements like this are legitimate rebuttals makes me seriously wonder how well logical refutation is being taught in schools these days.

Called it.

I am just saying Bernie is a sellout.

:no_pedestrians:

Well done.

Are you going to answer or just throw stuff at the virtual wall?

:do_not_litter:

:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

That has to do with the character of individuals or their compliance with laws. Those who do that should be ashamed.
The cournty’s interests are in what our laws are and having them enforced in mass.
You can’t beat “but he hired some illegals too” with “lets make this a sanctuary country and not enforce border laws”…

One has to do with shame on him, the other with saving the country.
Fix them both.
The country is most important though.

They completely ignore what illegals do to “entry level” positions.

1 Like

Donnie knows full well what they do to “entry level” positions such as hotel maids, golf course mowers, vinery workers, landscapers, and plush resort staff. As do the Trump voting Wisconsin farmers who rely entirely upon illegals to work their farms.

That’s nice.

There are actually two possibilities. One is that Bernie has shifted his views on immigration but does not want to admit it.

The other is that he recognizes that supporting tighter limits on immigration and better enforcement of immigration laws would make him unelectable within the Democratic Party, and he knows better than to publicize his true views.

1 Like

It’s amazing listening to how Democrats used to speak about immigration! But that was when they used to give some what of a ■■■■ about the blue collar middle class. Now it’s about overwhelming the country with as many people who will be dependent upon government as possible. Then again if you are big government politician those are exactly the kind of citizens you want.

1 Like

So are you saying that if we did have open borders and hence no restrictions on immigration there would be no impact on wages?