Ayn Rand and a Moral Basis for Being a Sociopath

Sit on it, Potsie.

Clarrisa explains it all was what started my descent into liberalism… :joy:

2 Likes

The Andy Griffith Show was my gateway sitcom.

Charles in Charge led me down the road to perdition.

Ok, if you say so.

Let’s see if we’re on the same page in the scenario I provided:

Income Rate
0 - 100000 10%
100000+ 20%

If you make $150,000, how much do you think you will pay in taxes (assuming no deductions or anything else besides the info provided)?

32% in 2018. Do you know what tax brackets are?

Yes, and we all learned our greatness of ideology from the Great Rural Purge of 1971, which paved the way for Flip Wilson and the Jeffersons.

:thinking: Are you trolling me? I said in the scenario I provided.

I know exactly what tax brackets are. I know how they work. Based on your previous answer about paying the higher rate on the full amount, I’m not positive you do.

1 Like

“So, illegal immigrants.”

Wait- I thought repubs were complaining that undocumented workers are taking American jobs.
Which one is it? Job-usurpers, or unemployed?

Every undocumented worker I see is working himself into an early grave. They even line up in hopes of finding work. Just stop by any Home Depot at 7 AM.

Which, BTW, is what ICE would do if they had any actual interest in catching them.

Ok, if you say so.

Let’s say the tax brackets are simplified to the following:

Income Rate
0 - 100000 10%
100000+ 20%

If someone makes $150,000, how many dollars will they have to pay in taxes (assuming no deductions or anything else besides the info provided)?

Ok, if you say so.

If you’re going to start a thread and want people to discuss the topic with you, why would you troll them like this instead of engaging?

I remember when you said this:

1 Like

Malcolm in the Middle was my Waterloo.

I think this parenthetical remark of yours hits at the heart of why Rand is such a terrible writer.

Plus all of the other reasons.

1 Like

This whole thread seems to be predicated on a misunderstanding.

Like that one episode of Three’s Company.

1 Like

:laughing:

So, it looks like we’ve erased a lot of confusion about what it means to be a sociopath, and as a bonus, we erased some confusion about our progressive tax structure.

And aren’t those the two implicit lessons of every single sitcom we’ve ever seen?

3 Likes

Because you’re having an argument I’m not having. You’re lower looping and I let you bog me down. I’m done with that. You want to argue gas taxes are progressive like income tax, do it with some one else.

I am being civil.