Attack of the Scam: we've been monitoring your payment history

Just got a call from some auto dial system claiming that they’d been monitoring my credit card payment history and it’s so impressive they’re gonna give me 0% interest on all my credit cards.

I couldn’t hang up fast enough.

Never talk to such recordings, and especially use words like “yes” which some have recorded and used to help steal people’s ID.

May every last Nigerian prince, coldcalling “Windows service support center” and the like get all the raging & untreatable fanny fungus / crotch rot they so richly deserve.

Oh crap… :frowning:

I get 3-4 of those scam calls every day.

Every single day, sometimes it gets so bad you’re afraid to pick up the phone.

I’ve had the same cell phone number for more than a decade now, and the area code is from a state that I haven’t lived in since 2005, and have no friends or family there.

So if I see that area code show up on my phone, I know it’s a scammer call.

Same here. But sometimes it may come locally.

Hello!! (strong Indian accent). I’m with Dell (or microsoft) We have been monitoring your computer and it is sending your credit card information all over…“click”

Pity you can’t have your own premium phone number to take advantage of the scammers and get their auto call systems trapped in a loop.

“… oh, we handle Apple computers too…”

The best invention of the 21st Century … caller I.D. If I don’t know the caller or recognize the number, the recorder answers the call. 99% of the time, no message is left.

1 Like