At least 15 dead in Maine

Cars require training and testing to drive. They require license and registration.

Virtually no one is using a car to mass murder people but if they did, we’d have a good idea of who owned it and when.

Where is this HQ?

If past is prologue at all… this event of mass murder will lead to more gun sales and less restrictions.

You guys won the issue a long time ago, but the reflex every single time to light one’s hair on fire pretending that guns will be confiscated in some dystopian communist takeover when if anything the most that will be proposed is to place minor inconveniences to obtaining a firearm and in the end nothing will happen.

You guys won… should be happy about it… except for the occasional mass shooting thing.

Do abortion rights kill people?

1 Like

Certainly do not. But let’s not get off track.

Alrightythen. Killers are still the killers.

Of course. A gun is a tool that’s about it. It doesn’t take away from the fact that it is easier to kill more people with a gun (not compared with just anything but some things) but it is of course just a tool

And a manifesto is just ramblings of a crazy person.

He did have mental issues. Previously he spent two weeks in a mental facility because he was hearing voices. He also threatened a military installation.

3 Likes

A couple of things here. Do you think registering a gun would have made this guy think twice? A guy that had no problem showing his face to every camera he passed. Besides that, you don’t have a right to drive. It’s a privilege.

2 Likes

Some people here have fetishes.

1 Like

Thank god.

Because one thing I know for sure is, the only thing more important, more sacred and precious that the life of a child, a sister, a brother, mother or father, is my ability to easily buy guns.

God Bless America.

We should definitely not put systems in place to make sure people with these issues don’t have access to firearms because Shall Not Be Infringed!

LOL, no, I believe people with mental health issues should not own guns.

Tyrant.

No. But training, registration, licensing and testing is just a series of checks to determine competency with a vehicle. They are not necessarily there to proactively stop the super crazy… but in the event that someone who went through those steps… does does break the law with said vehicle… it provides valuable information to track them down.

What is going to happen is that everyone will agree that people with mental illness should be weeded out from having a gun but no structures will be put into place to do that.

Nothing is going to happen.

The Right won this issue years ago. They can’t be happy about it though because… you know… the random mass murder thing.

2 Likes

I understand what you’re saying, I just don’t see the relevance. Has tracking down these mass murderers ever been a problem?

2 Likes

Every point of contact gives us a chance to have the mentally unstable be prevented from having a gun.

If you have to file for a license before buying a gun, many crazy people can’t get it together to fill out the paper work. If you have to have training, a trainer will put eyes on you and that’s anpther chance to flag someone with issues, if you have to have periodic testing, another chance, if you have to renew your registration…etc…

But you know, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

We’ll just keep leading the world in gun deaths and just keep having one of our parties funded by the gun lobby, and just keep pretending like this isn’t a ■■■■■■■ tragedy that could be avoided because, well, money I guess.

The pols on the dole from the gun lobby don’t want to give up the campaign funding. Nor do they want to give up the pro-gun voting block that makes it easy for them to win re-election and keep their ppositions that will let them take high paying gigs when their service is over.

Makes me sad that you seem to take so much joy in using the dead victims as your political pawns to try and score political points for your particular cause.

Here is an idea. How about we start taking crazy people off the streets instead of just pumping them full of drugs and sending them on their way. Or people could quit enabling their psychosis and often times even encouraging it.

1 Like

It’s not joy. It’s utter disgust and frustration. And a feeling of pointlessness. Oh, and also terror, as we have friends with kids up at Bates.

I’m all for increasing health care in america, including mental health care, and long term facilities when appropriate. Not sure we’ll be able to get the funding necessary for this out of the house though. If this is something you are working on, please share any relevant information - lobby groups you’e invovled with, bills working their way through congress, etc…and I’ll join the fight.

Another way to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people is on the gun side. But there’s no interest in that.

How long till the next mass shooting? And where will it be? Who will it affect?

Tragic.

Hold on. You can have a totally normal person that flips out over time. There’s no way to prevent that. Many of these people just off themselves. But some take it further. There is no way to prevent this without totally illegalizing guns. And guns are the great equalizer for the weak.

Take a look at this. If no one could own guns, the people in this house would be dead.

3 Likes