Arming Teachers Makes Perfect Sense - Logic

Your argument sells teachers short. Anyone dedicated enough to sacrifice their life trying to protect the lives of their charges unarmed is capable of using a firearm to do the same thing.

You didn’t address party-free’s post at all. He’s arguing that 4 hours isn’t enough training. You’re “arguing”… …something else.

Four hours of instruction is plenty. Range time to become accomplished can be done on one’s own time.

Sure

10charles

Okay then. I will defer to your vast knowledge and superior experience with firearms and self defense.

No. The 4 hours needs to be on the range. A moving range with a competent instructor. Mandatory.

Based on what?

How many hours would you consider enough?

Just FYI, I believe we discussed everything we needed to on this topic 2 months ago. Won’t be rehashing it. Just in case you were getting all excited for another gun discussion.

I was replying to a post you made a few hours ago.

I don’t get excited about guns.

And your reply would rehash a discussion you were part of 2 months ago.

sure you do. The tingles are all over every hoplophobe thread you start.

Anyway. That’s all. Have fun!

You post, I respond. You made a claim, I addressed it.

Why the personal attack? You have no idea what excites me. Nothing here.

I simply adjust the balance by addressing errors.

That’s the training part. Proficiency comes with practice … which can be done on their own time. As you know.

Who made you the thread monitor?

No. Proper practice requires a coach.

Not necessarily and that’s not the same as training.

I wasn’t monitoring anyone but myself.

Yes necessarily.

Nope. It’s like learning to play the piano … one hour of instruction followed by ten hours of practice. The 10,000 repetitions rule applies. To become proficient at anything, you repeat the activity as instructed over and over and over until it becomes natural. Coaching may be desirable from time to time to make sure you are following the instructions, but it is not mandatory.

10,000 perfect repetitions. Crap practice makes crap.

I did it for a living, you’re out of your lane.

Correct repetitions, not perfect. Perfection is the goal of completing the repetitions.

And you don’t need someone to coach you through all 10,000 repetitions. If you do, you better hope that you are never put to the test.