Aren't these the same experts that told us the Afghan Forces wouldn't collapse?

So now a confidential military assessment is sure that the Ukrainians will not collapse if the Russians achieve a breakthrough. Normally I would put stock in this type of source, but this is the same crew that botched it in Afghanistan.

US does not expect front line in Ukraine to collapse in near future - NYT

3 Likes

its a matter of will. Aghgan’s did not have the will to stand up to the taliban

Ukraine’s will seem just fine

I’m afraid their so called supporters have put them in a death spiral scenario.

1 Like

I am as well.

As superior as the Ukrainian is as a fighter the comparison to Astan is valid.

There should be as much concern for Ukraine as there is for Palestinians.

Focus on ceasefire for all.

If the Russians chalk up a couple more gains, then make a breakthrough of any level, the effect on moral will be devastating for Ukraine, while boosting that of Russia.

2 Likes

Does it? Didn’t that have to make a law forcing the males to stay?

Ukraine’s biggest problem is Biden making sure they never get quite enough to win.

Once again, you overestimate Russian capabilities, as you have from the start. All Russian gains come at GREAT cost. The personnel are no big deal to them, but their equipment losses are unsustainable. Stories of Russian manufacturing keeping up are just flatly false. There is a reason Russia’s 1st Tank army recently used even T-55’s in an assault. There is a reason they are using Chinese golf cart instead of BMP’s. There is a reason why the MTLB is now used as an APC for infantry assaults (which it is not).

Right now, Russia is advancing on the back of their AF running CAS at the front line. How long do you think that will last when Ukraine finally gets some good manpads to the front and AD ammunition for the AD systems they have?

Whether or not Ukraine can stand depends on two things. Ammo and will. I don’t see a lack of will.

:rofl: What?

There are always draft dodgers. There are always measures taken to prevent them from dodging.

Russia by the way did the same… are they running out of men?

Russia is the invader, not the invadee.

On what basis do you make the claim that “Ukraine’s will seem just fine”?

have you looked at the confirmed equipment losses lately?

Yes, Russia found a point in Ukraine’s line that was undermanned. Yes, Russia has exploited that. It’s war, it happens.

Ukraine is holding just fine around Kupiansk
Ukraine is holding just fine around Seversk
Ukraine is hlding just fine around Vulhedar
Ukraine is holding okay around Robityne
Ukraine is holding just fine generally in the south

They have given up some ground around Chasiv Yar and west of Avdivka. Mainly due to a lack of artillery shells and AD ammunition.

Equipment wins wars?

certainly helps. kinda hard to conduct an armored assault without armor.

That was not the question however. The question was about what signs there are of Ukraine’s continued will. They certainly aren’t destroying all that Russian equipment by accident.

We’ll see.

And we just pissed away another 61 billion dollars on them. :roll_eyes:

Money that we really don’t have with a 35 trillion dollar debt.

2 Likes

we will, and either Ukraine will rearm and halt any Russian advances, or they will fold. My personal belief looking at the situation on the ground and looking at numbers is that Ukraine is not in as dire a situation as the media makes it out to be and all they really need to continue to resist is ammo.

The Ukrainian conundrum is they are running low on fighting age soldiers. Aside from casualties many have fled the country. Even with the billions of dollars being sent for supplies (and graft) someone has to pull triggers.
Then ah yes, enter the out of shape US fat asses? :rofl:

1 Like

the math on that doesn’t math. at this point its nothing but a talking point to excuse not supporting Ukraine.

Talking Point? You don’t say.

MANPADS don’t work against strike jets launching glide bombs from over the horizon. And I have never heard of them shooting down a single glide bomb, too small, too fast. And the few old F16s they are about to get will have to fly into the teeth of the Russian ADA umbrella and go up against 5th Generation fighters to get to those strike aircraft. The Russians have settled on a sound strategy, focus their tactical airpower against whatever sector of the front is the current focus of attack and smother the Ukrainian fighting positions with heavy glide bombs. Use only missiles and drones for deep strikes in the Ukrainian rear.