Are you honest enough to admit the real motivation for the mask debate?

I am. I’m betting for most of y’all, probably not.

Let’s start with this. Liberals want continued masking because they self identify as smarter, more enlightened, more compassionate and caring. Beyond any reproach. Keeping people healthy is their one and only concern. Zero political motivations here. Let’s call that for what it is.

HOGWASH.

The masking debate has very little to do with health these days and everything to do with politics. And I am being inclusive with this statement.

Wokies like people being under heavy government control and forced compliance to the whims of government. And conservatives do not. We do not like being ordered to do things simply to please politicians.

You know this is true. And I know that you know that this is true. Everyone knows it. Who has the integrity to actually admit it?

Anybody?

Possible for you to put forward on argument on masks without casting those who wear masks as inferior to you?

1 Like

As someone who has been portrayed as a white supremacist based only on who I voted for, I understand your concern. You are not inferior. There, I said it. Now I have a question for you.

Is it possible for you to admit that these days the masking argument has very little to do with science and public health and everything to do with politics and control?

The CDC is already looking into easing mask usage for outdoor events

You were saying…

Allan

Thank you. But again, ‘possible for you to admit?’ Sorry, Altair, but that’s an assumption I’m lying. Try again? It’s a good, dynamic subject a lot of smart folks here could weigh in on.

I was saying this:

The masking debate has very little to do with health these days and everything to do with politics. And I am being inclusive with this statement.

And I’m saying that you’re seeing the exact same thing.

I answered your question. Are you ready to answer mine?

The masking argument has very little to do with science and public health and everything to do with politics and control?

Right?

So the options are ‘little to do with science and public health and everything to do with politics and control?’ Any shades of gray in there?

There’s a problem with your framing. Basically you set the thread up to make it so that anyone who disagrees with your premise is being dishonest.

The theory you propose is conspiratorial. It’s not about control, its about public health.

2 Likes

Sure. But don’t overthink it. Has this gotten away from being a mainly health issue to a mainly political issue? Are we to believe that liberals want me masked primarily because they are concerned about the health of me, my family and friends? Is that the driving force here?

1 Like

The bolded premise of your post is false, thus invalidating your question.

Yes. I live in the most liberal state in the country in the one of the most democratic counties in that state, and I work in the entertainment industry. I live, work with and am surrounded by liberals with whom I chat every day. Not a one has proposed mask wearing is anything other than a concern for the health of our citizens, including you.

It’s never been about protecting you. It’s always been about protecting everyone else from you.

The non bolded and bolded premise of everything you have EVER written is false. Thus invalidating everything you have ever written or said. Or simply used an an excuse to dodge questions you don’t like. So there’s that.
:man_shrugging:

You might want to have a cup of coffee, Altair.

1 Like

Your childish retort still doesn’t make your made up premise true. Sorry for your luck.

1 Like

Yeah, but that doesn’t fit the government gone wild narrative.

I was going to. But now I have changed my mind. Any wokie advice is bad advice. But thanks!
:smirk:

Oooh. The little AZ man is triggered. Sorry about your luck. Dude I though you like all thus personal thrash talking crap. Shall we continue? Your call.
:grin:

This doesn’t make your made up premise true.

Perhaps you could provide proof?

1 Like