Are you better off today than you were two years ago?

I am going with Biden presidency.

1 Like

Still net positive compared to 1/20/21, although ever so slightly.

1 Like

What gets me is how both sides can say with all certainly that the POTUS is not to blame for this or that.
And then change their tune when the other guy is in power. Every person is going to have their own story.
Mine is that I am retired and my investments are doing quite well. But that would have happened no matter who was POTUS. I am glad that Trump is gone. IMHO he injured our relationships with some of our best friends. I will always consider Trump a liar, con man and cheat. He was not fit for the office and I am glad he is gone.

2 Likes

I heard they made that movie into a book. :wink:

1 Like

Wasn’t it written by Omar Sharif?

1 Like

Take a look at how much it has lost year to date. People are losing large chunks of their IRA’s and 401k’s.

doesnt matter the question posed wasnt about biden.
good try.

Allan

moving the goalposts i see. your OP was over a two year period not year to date.

of course my 401k has suffered year to date.

over the past two years it has grown.

Allan

Yes, this year’s been very rough, obviously.

But I thought we were talking about last two years.

The question is whether you are better off today than you were two years ago. The focus was not just on the market, but you are right, this year has been rough, and people have lost a lot.

The question also includes things like the cost of living, primarily gas, food, energy for home heating and cooling, food shortages (more projected to come), and inflation in general. Add open borders, Billions to the Ukraine, and Billions of arms to the Taliban.

Everyone’s circumstances are different and I think the Mid Term Elections are going to shock those (both of them) that believe Biden is a great president.

I’m curious how many people genuinely think he’s a “great” president. I’m guessing 10% or less.

The remaining 23 - 30 % that approve of him probably don’t love him that much, just prefer him to the alternative.

That’s also a debatable question. Millions of Americans, in an ever-growing number that includes Democrats and Independents, believe the election was rigged.

This issue has divided the country and because Democrats got what they wanted they expect us to shut up and sit down and will not allow a full and honest audit. That leaves us in a very bad place when half the nation has lost faith in our system of choosing representatives.

China is better off.

2 Likes

I made sure i left very little in the market. Glad i did.

14 here on this forum?

3 Likes

But the “unifier” is none of these things? J’Biden is a chump, a patsy and a fool for an agenda that is tearing the Republc’s core.
But hey, there are no mean tweets right?

1 Like

I call BS…

The people left behind(Americans and allies) in Afghanistan are worse off as well.

Thanks Brandon! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Television Production.

It is usually crushingly boring.

This is how I entertain myself.

2 Likes

And now COVID is a faint memory and BLM has rectified institutional racism, yet somehow there’s no baby formula or tampons on store shelves, there is rioting in the streets, yaboi is pissing away billions on Ukraine, air travel is garbage and gad is $5.

1 Like

A small price to pay for no more mean tweets.

1 Like