Are you better off today than you were two years ago?

Let’s do a little comparison.

Gas prices more affordable under:
Biden
Trump

Food prices more affordable under:
Biden
Trump

IRS’s and 401k’s did better under:
Biden
Trump

Border was more secure under:
Biden
Trump

Inflation was lower under:
Biden
Trump

Black, Hispanic, and Asian unemployment lower under:
Biden
Trump

More Mean Tweets under:
Biden
Trump

1 Like

I am better off but I realize I have been fortunate that my hard work has resulted in pay increases totaling over 20% in the past two years.

I do not begrudge the higher tax I pay because of this nor do ai begrudge I pay a higher premium for my employers health insurance plan than someone earning less than me.

So yes the past two years have been financially pretty good for me.

3 Likes

I can’t think of a single category that America is not in a worse position today than they were when Trump left office.

On the other hand, the Taliban has done quite well under Biden.

2 Likes

Inflation, especailly in food, gas and energy will soon erode that. Most people have lost a lot.

2 Likes

Subtract Brandonflation

10%

4 Likes

And at some point that will reverse. I have lived through a recession before, I have lived through a period of increasing inflation before.The pendulum will swing back and then at some future point we will hurt financially again.

This is the best labor market of the 21st century.

10% is still great and ai know far better than what others who probably work much more physically demanding or dangerous jobs get.

Well, it’s nice and I’m happy for you. Thanks for sharing your anecdotal story with us.

However, for most Americans it’s an entirely different story, especially for those with low or fixed incomes. And on top of that, Biden expects everyone to by a $60,000 electric car.

1 Like

Definitely worse off.

4 Likes

Lmao What? Every reply you will get will be anecdotal.

Admit it you just created this thread to confirm your own view of the world and to give it to libz.

2 Likes

Biden shut down the economy, closed businesses and sent jobs overseas. Now that things are beginning to open again people returning to their old jobs are counted as “jobs created” by this pretender in the White House.

2 Likes

I’ll give you that.

If they want to go back to their old job, that’s cool. This is the best time, in decades, to upgrade to a better job.

Subtract more if he is in the market.

3 Likes

The topic of this thread is literally asking for anecdotes. . .

3 Likes

I make significantly more money than I did two years ago but inflation has taken a chunk of that gain. In my opinion the pandemic shutdown and stimulus payments are the main cause of high inflation, and I think Democrats shoulder most of that blame. Otherwise things are good. I’m happy and healthy and continue to avoid getting too worked up about things I can’t control.

1 Like

Stock market 2 years ago today was 25,000 and is now at 31,000…

I am making $20,000 more a year than i was 2 year ago…

So when magas claim that all metrics are bad i know they are just spewing propaganda…

Two years ago I was unemployed from an out of control pandemic living in a cabin without running water in the woods of Maine living off of a loan from my 401k.

Today I am at work for 14 hours a day.

Dunno… I kind of miss the cabin.

5 Likes

The great resignation showed how valuable i am to the company which has led to making alot more money… and i will probably be asking for more soon since there was not even a pause when i asked for the last two increases i got…

1 Like