Are women irrelevant nowadays

This engineer says I never used “sex” to describe the gender of connectors and plumbing. And i never heard anyone else use the word sex in that way either. YMMV

You’ve been indoctrinated.

This exchange is the best! Given the other conversations today.

1 Like

No…he’s not right. Children are born with a potential but they must be taught. It doesn’t come naturally. That’s why it’s imperative for parents to teach their children right from the beginning. The faster you start, the more they achieve and the higher the economic ladder they’ll climb.

Male and female are sex, not gender. You didn’t say “man” or “boy” end on the connection.

Sorry, it’s just a fact.

He’s right in that children are not blank slates.

1 Like

That’s because we use to term gender to describe connector ends.

Male and female describe the gender of connectors. Always has.

No. If sex and gender are the same thing, why are there two different words.

If male and man are the same things, why are there two different words?

If man and boy and male are the same things, why are there 3 different words?

Sex is biology. Gender is sociology. How you used them in the past is irrelevant.

You can do something for 100 years and be doing it incorrectly the entire time.

Look dude, you are out of your domain if you are telling me that connectors are known by “sex”. They are known by “gender” and the choices are male and female.

Ok prog. There’s plenty here who will agree with you.

Male and female are not genders, they are sexes.

I can’t help facts.

In every prog’s mind.

th-3746195372

What is the sex of this animal?

What is the gender?

1 Like

Wikipedia.

https://www.globalspec.com/learnmore/electrical_electronic_components/connectors/mil_spec_connectors

Shell gender- The gender is noted as male or female. Male “plugs” are also called header or free connectors. The plug is normal the movable portion and is attached to a cable of removable sub-assembly. In shell-type multiple contact connectors, the plug usually contains the socket contacts and is mounted on the “hot” (rack) side of the system. Plugs are inserted into female connectors such as receptacles, jacks, outlets, etc. to make circuit connectors.

Sex is a biological categorization based primarily on reproductive potential, whereas gender is the social elaboration of biological sex.

Stanford