Are we endanger of this happening here?

After the unrest we saw yesterday, will the dems use it as an excuse to place more restrictions on the first amendment? I have little doubt that the dems feel they must respond somehow, with some new law. That’s how they respond to everything. With the help of social media and big tech, they have been preparing us by slowly chipping away at free speech. Attempting to ban words they don’t approve of. So what do you think their response will be? And should we support anymore restrictions? Is anything that moves us closer to this a good idea?

Chinese Communist Party Revises Rules on What Members Can Say (breitbart.com)

1 Like

No.

Trump 2020!

A dumb assed answer to a serious question.

5 Likes

In danger? No we are not.

Unless Lin Wood has his way.

Would you support new laws and restrictions to address this?

do you suggest we do nothing after yesterday fiasco?

What are you suggesting?

I will answer your question after you answer mine. Please don’t jump ahead. First things first. Thanks.

So what do you think their response will be? And should we support anymore restrictions?

1 Like

No! I wouldn’t.

1 Like

Same. I would rather give guns to a monkeys than let Pelosi and Schumer tinker with the first amendment.

1 Like

I am a big fan of the 1st. I am also a big fan of defeating hate speech with good speech. I usually detest either side getting people fired for things they say even if it isn’t technically a violation of the 1st. I still think it violates the spirit of the 1st.

2 Likes

Yes. House Democrats just passed speech codes this week, so it’s already begun.

The plebes aren’t using their rights the way we want them to. Better make new laws.

3 Likes

No.

Congress should address election irregularities that can occur with early voting, mail-in ballots. What Americans want are elections that catch and prevent such irregularities. Perhaps the discussion should begin with in person voting and eliminating the jungle ballot. Each individual should have the choice between parties, not be limited to a choice of two people within the same party.

1 Like

I totally agree. But it’s not going to happen. If they wanted to do this, they would have already done it. Pelosi and Schumer have no interest in transparent elections. They would prefer to insult those of us who are interested.

2 Likes

But the dems are sneaky. They don’t let on to their fascist agenda of total control of the people. They chip away at it in small increments. Have you noticed that the few who have contributed to the thread suddenly go quiet when you ask them specifics? And the rest don’t reply at all?

The agenda is sneaky. But it’s also obvious to anyone who is paying attention.

Breaking into the Capitol and taking over Congressional chambers and offices isn’t a First Amendment issue.

3 Likes

They did not pass speech codes.

3 Likes

What do you think states should do to secure mail-in ballots that they aren’t already doing?

1 Like

Its not up to just Congress.

States run elections. Congress can pass laws governing federal elections.

But again…most states have secure means of catching irregularities already.

After all this time…still zero evidence provided there were significantly more irregularities this election than in any previous ones.

1 Like