Are we already living in a authoritarian state

Not worth the cost in most instances.

Nursing homes and medical centers would be an acceptable exception.

Well other than those that have been gullible and stupid enough to believe the media BS and hide themselves away in their homes, that list is mostly true. Starting with “traveling with papers”, try boarding an aircraft without an ID. And (some) restaurants have been denying service unless you flash your vax card for months now.

3 Likes

except if you dont, you lose your job

but not forced. sure we get it.

2 Likes

They are quite upset in one of the vaccination threads that we are on to them as to their plans.

We aren’t suppose to notice the ever increasing control via mandates over us and our lives.

3 Likes

It isn’t though, There are plenty of studies that show that it reduces community transmission.

Let us say that it only reduces 10%.

Right now the 7 day average of new cases in the US is 87,065. Reduce that by 10% and that knocks off 8,700 hundred new cases per day. Those are cases where people are not actively spreading a disease and potentially clogging up the hospitals.

As shown in the chart that posted in one of the studies in Kansas where they compared counties who had mask mandates vs those that did not… in counties where there was a mandate there was a .08 reduction in the case rate but in those with there was a .11 increase per 100,000 people.

It is cheap… it works… it is annoying I know and no one likes it… I can’t wait until I can ditch the mask at work… but it is about reducing overall risk in the community at large and not just the individual… which is sadly not how this whole pandemic has been handled.

Denial…

We also see that it prolongs the transmission cycle.

Not necessarily a good strategy.

Now we see that even the vaccines will not eliminate the transmission.

1 Like

You’ve never ridden or drove a school bus. The mandatory wearing of masks is an exercise in futility. And school bus drivers are tasked with providing safe transportation, not the “mask police” constantly distracted by reminding young cement heads to wear their masks.

1 Like

It’s still a choice that one makes in life all the time.

Everyone chooses for themselves all the time.

Allan

As a NYC resident… I have no problem with this.

As do most NYC residents that I know.

Nor the people who work and own these businesses.

The reality is that if there is another wave in NYC like in 2020, these businesses will once again get shut down. And no one wants that.

A couple of weeks ago I was having lunch with a friend of mine who works at Beth Israel Hospital in Manahattan. It was one of the worst hit hospitals in March/April 2020. They went through hell.

She said right now they have one Covid case.

So these measures look like they are working.

If we can get through the fall and winter without a huge spike… then come spring it looks like this nonsense will be over.

Is it?

If you have a job, you can choose to show up on time or be tardy or not show up at all.

It’s your choice.

You can conform to the rules presented or don’t.

Allan

Vaccines not eliminating the transmission thing… please stop spreading that nonsense.

Vaccinated people if exposed to the virus are much less likely to become infected. That is just a fact.

Remember… we are talking about populations and not individuals.

:rofl: Stick to the story!

2 Likes

Who in America has not ridden in a school bus? Heck… my grandmother drove a school bus.

And this is wild turn to take with this conversation… that since children on schoolbuses can be unruly therefore wearing masks don’t work?

Wild.

However if you do transmit to a vaxxed person, mild case.

If you transmit to an unvaxxed, possible complications including death.

It behooves to be vaxxed and avoid death.

Allan

Ben Roethlisberger, Jen Psaki, Jesse Jackson…

I am not besmirching vaccine, just saying what is happening.

The virus will will spread and we won’t stop it.

2 Likes

And it’s precisely why you should listen to him.

Breakthrough infections happen.

That rate is much much much lower than infections of the unvaccinated getting infected.

Exactly. This is why case counting and mask folly are just fruitless distractions.