Are robot-mounted machine guns headed towards the battlefields of the world?

Dallas PD once used a robot to carry an IED over to a suspect and blew him up Mid-Eazy style. :rofl:

1 Like

Perfect…

1 Like

The US military would decimate you.

Robot dogs don’t have the right to bare arms.

If you’d been paying attention to what I posted, you’d note I said advances in military weapons tech wouldn’t negate the self-defense justification for the 2A.

also it wouldn’t be all that hard to take one of em out IMO.

Well thank goodness there’s only one. :wink:

This seems to always be how these discussions around here go. They refuse to discuss how the 2A will apply to future weapons and act like weapons tech is never going to beyond the point it is now. I mean, I understand why. It inevitably leads to having to admit that perhaps there are limits to what weapons should allow civilians to own. They already twist themselves in pretzels trying to claim that the 2A doesn’t cover handheld grenade launchers.

2 Likes

Well, that’s the thing: in order for civies to have gun robot dogs, the robots don’t bear the arm, they are the arm.

So consider the vast amount of virtual ink spilled here over the years explaining how you civilian can’t have, for example, an artillery piece.

The rhetorical pretzel-work to maintain that restriction, while allowing Robot gun dogs will be epic.

My skill set is different from yours. And if aware of the threat I would use every one of those skills.

Spoken like a fanboy with no clue. :hugs:

2 Likes

That’s not what you said.

He seems excited.

I too had silly misconceptions about the most advanced military in known human history, back before I knew better. And this was pre-queerification. :wink:

1 Like

It is unlikely that the Russian military would show the newest version. If video is real, it may show an early demo version.

The video may be in response to reports such as these about a western version of a similar weapon.

I don’t know what you think I’m a fanboy of, but I don’t need a clue to know if the military wanted to take any US citizen out they could (extra-judicially, of course).

METT-TC dependent, but what would you know? :wink:

“I think there will be a interesting point in the future where military weapons tech has evolved to a point where the idea that the 2nd Amendment exists for any purpose beyond self-defense is moot”

What do you think “beyond self-defense” means?

Caused me to google black mirror, found out it’s on Netflix and can’t believe I haven’t already binge watched it.

I know that if you were to raise arms against the US military they could destroy you. It doesn’t matter how much of a badass you think yourself.

“If YoU rAiSe ArMs AgAiNsT tHe Us MiLiTaRy!1!” :rofl:

1 Like

just look what they did to al-awlaki, a citizen and in a foreign country.

death to all terrorists.

Allan