Are crowded mass transit systems spreading disease?

The last time you talked like this, they doubled the next day. Doubled. Twenty percent of the county cases happened in the next forty eight hours the last time you claimed we were over the peak and declining.

You are clearly invested in happy-talking this and more power to you if you gotta pretend this is over, but don’t try to snow me.

That would be a yes.

Two days ago new cases were 39.

I am optimistic.

You’ve claimed it peaked in Allegheny County twice already and were dead wrong both times. Oh and refuse to admit you were wrong.

Yep. Guess what. We can’t cower every time somebody coughs. Life goes on.

I was correct the first time in that we hit the plateau.

Let’s go back 3 days. New cases were 31.

You can self quarantine as long as you like.

No, you weren’t. You were talking up how cases were falling and then they ■■■■■■■ doubled that number for days after. And that’s as the second time you were claiming it.

Again, if pretending this isn’t happening keeps you sane, more power to you but I’m not interested in deluding myself.

What was the highest day for new cases in Allegheny county and how long ago was it?

That should put me in my place.

I actually like the subway. I have been a regular subway rider since the early 1970s and plan to continue riding as soon as my office in the City reopens.

See? You gotta change the subject. You’ve been wrong repeatedly and I’m feeling generous crediting it a coping mechanism rather than wanting Trump to be okay politically.

I did much of my growing up in Brooklyn too.

I went years without a car; a car is a burden in Brooklyn. Nothing sucks more than opposite side of the street parking. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, Friday when I lived in Bay Ridge.

I used to rent cars for the weekend if I wanted to go somewhere. Cheaper and much, much easier.

My parents only kept the car so we could go up to Vermont for a couple months each summer.

Both parents are teachers, so they had the same summer vacation as me and my siblings.

The answer is 89 and that was 13 days ago.

We have been fortunate.

I expect the trend to continue for the next week of 20 to 40 cases.

We will be ready to slowly ease restrictions at that point.

Reopen closed parks in the city.

Open hair salons by appointment.

These things are low risk and voluntary.

I like to look forward.

Totally agree.

I moved out of NY about a decade ago, and I’ve heard the trains have gotten a lot worse since I left.

That being said, I’ve missed the subway everywhere I’ve lived since.

You should welcome this news:

It looks like the staggering number of MTA worker deaths is finally forcing some urgency to improve safety.

1 Like

That could eventually mean not going to work as well.

The subway was far worse in the 1970s

mass transit isn’t going to much good if the churches are still closed

Necessary? A plane or a ship is necessary to cross the ocean. Mass transit is not necessary to go a few blocks. It’s a choice.

NYC is bigger than a few blocks