Applying leftist logic to their own rants

Are you asking the left-wingers to use logic? :rofl:

1 Like

De Niro received that MOF because of his long list of cultural contributions as an actor.

Maybe you can contact Fat Donald and ask him to ask De Niro to give it back?

Trump won an Ellis Island award.

De Niro works as an actor and is currently involved in two movies. Would he still be working if he had made similar comments about Obama?

Would any actors who applauded crude comments about Obama still have a job?

Active Hollywood stars who openly support Trump are as rare as hen teeth. Clearly there is huge double standard when it comes to limits of civil discourse.

1 Like

As Michelle Malkin would say, “Boo Freaking Hoo!”

Perhaps the hen’s tooth rarity is for good cause.

Why would any sane and or rational person support Fat Donald in the first place?

Answer is they wouldn’t.

Two movies? That surprises me, I figured that ridiculous flick with Anne Hathaway would have stalled even his career.

Image if a frat member made De Niro-style comments about a prominent female on campus and posted a video of his frat brothers giving him a round of applause. He and his frat would be expelled for sexual harassment quicker than you can say “safe space”.

Here is one example of a policy:

**Syracuse University’s harassment policy bans “intentional, unwanted and unwelcome words or conduct directed at a specific person that annoys [or] alarms … that person.” Also, a large number of educational institutions define sexual harassment as any “unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature,” including “verbal” conduct (i.e., speech). **

Or there is unwritten policy of blacklisting conservatives along with women who object too strenuously to the “casting couch”.

It certainly was not for his subtle and well-thought-out political arguments.

The same reason Bill Maher is still a pundit despite being racist, mysogynistic, an an anti-vaxer moron as well as an idiot in general. Liberal hypocrisy. They won’t eat their own. Even Al Franken’s departure from the government was short lived. He had a self imposed time out on the taxpayer dime so all is forgiven now. :roll_eyes:

Did he resign or was he forced out after he came back after “resigning”?

Yes, Trump’s mother immigrated to the US through Ellis Island and worked as a maid for several years.

Trump also has a star in Hollywood that the local government is trying to get removed. Of course leftist loonies have attacked the star at least twice.

Is that part of the campaign of “civil discourse” that Obama has promoted?

Obama the champion of civil discourse. Publicly dengrating members of the SCOTUS at his SOTU address. :roll_eyes:

You mean all those who have been convicted of illegal voting to get Franken in office made their sacrifice in vain?

There are still plenty of people, both on the left and the right, who believe in civil discourse…you just can’t here them over the noise of the raging ■■■■■■■■■■

You must be mistaken. I’ve been assured repeatedly that fraudulent voting doesn’t happen.

Oh for goodness sake.

The President of the United States is known for making nasty, below the belt the statements and tweets.

Discourse has been crude BECAUSE Trump made it okay for people to go there. That’s just a fact. And his BASE loves that he hits below the belt.

Trumpists cannot logically complain about crude behavior in our culture.

Sure. Trump made it ok. Let’s just ignore that it’s been going on since long before he was in office. :roll_eyes:

I understand that Trump didn’t invent the wheel, when it comes to hate speech.

But that still doesn’t make it logical for Trumpist to whine about hateful language in our society.

Both DeNiro (at the Tonys) and Trump are essentially playing to their crowd. Both are in the wrong.