Applying Comey's logic to Trump

Comey basically said about Secretary of State Clinton’s mishandling of classified documents:

I think she was extremely careless. I think she was negligent. That I could establish. What we can’t establish is that she acted with the necessary criminal intent.

My observation is that Democratic attempts to get Trump removed from office under the 25th amendment logically make it impossible for them to establish criminal intent for impeachment and removal of office. Democrats claimed that Trump was mentally ill and therefore needed to be removed from office under the 25th amendment:

Now the they are saying that he committed high crimes and needs to be impeached and removed from office for these crimes.

My observation is that Democrats can’t have it both ways. If they really believe that Trump is so mentally ill that he is unable perform the duties as President, then logically he cannot form criminal intent required to impeach and remove him from office.

Are the 25th amendment and impeachment really mutually exclusive?

Or is the text of the constitution just a pretext for political maneuvers?

Criminal intent is not required to impeach.

Trump is already impeached. It’s done.

Technically Trump is not impeached until the House sends the articles to the Senate.

The Constitution says impeachment has to be for “high crimes and misdemeanors” and lists bribery and treason as examples.

Are you saying that the House is free to impeach even if no crime has been committed?

Yes. A crime isn’t required.

Groundhogs day.

1 Like

Technically no one cares.

2 Likes

The constitution declares a right to a speedy trial, but Pelosi seems more than happy to deny that right to Trump.

Democrats are ignoring the constitution and abusing power while claiming to be protecting the constitution from Trump’s alleged abuse of power.

When do Trump worshippers care about the Constitution?

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Article II Section 4

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

The constitution doesn’t really seem to guarantee any speedy trial for impeachment, but you can think whatever you think…

2 Likes

Oh yeah? Where does it say that in the Constitution?

So the House and speaker are all done with their part then??

You really got her now!

I’ll take your non-answer to mean you agree that she hasn’t completed the impeachment process.

It’s all you had to say.

Do you know?

Like I said, you really got her now.

This whole Russia investigation, DNC hack, Crowdstrke, FBI, CIA, NSA, DoJ, State Department…deep state collusion is moving forward and what was once a drip, drip, drip…is about to bust the damn wide open. I can’t wait for our host Sean Hannity to be released to start hammering all of this to the national attention it deserves.

There has been a coordinated effort to overturn a national election by those that have been in power for a long time…to remain in power. All of this needs to be exposed and severely punished.