AOC NO SHOW: Ocasio-Cortez Says She Won’t ‘Use Her Presence to Legitimize’ Trump’s Address

Originally published at: AOC NO SHOW: Ocasio-Cortez Says She Won’t ‘Use Her Presence to Legitimize’ Trump’s Address | Sean Hannity

Controversial Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez became the fifth House Democrat to boycott President Trump’s State of the Union address Tuesday; saying she won’t “use her presence to legitimize” his “subversion of the Constitution.”

“After much deliberation, I have decided that I will not use my presence at a state ceremony to normalize Trump’s lawless conduct & subversion of the Constitution. None of this is normal, and I will not legitimize it. Consequently, I will not be attending the State of the Union,” posted AOC on social media.

After much deliberation, I have decided that I will not use my presence at a state ceremony to normalize Trump’s lawless conduct & subversion of the Constitution.

None of this is normal, and I will not legitimize it.

Consequently, I will not be attending the State of the Union.

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) February 4, 2020

It’s unclear of other members of the so-called “Squad” will also boycott the event.