AOC finally said something all should agree with: Ban Congress from stock trading in office

Emoluments. They should have to put them in a blund trust.

because getting elected means you lose your right to property?

Queensberry rules?

I assume that AOC would continue to allow Pelosi’s husband and other congressional spouses to trade stocks.

Also, will AOC ask Twitter to reinstate this account?

2 Likes

No, because making law gives them insider knowledge.

1 Like

Placing assets in a trust doesn’t change beneficial ownership. All a blind trust does is place investment decisions at arms length from the beneficial owner of the trust.

deciding what you do with your property is part and parcel the “right to property”

disclosure… voters. this is the answer

curtailing rights… not so much

They don’t have a right to make laws that benefit them personally while they are in office.

They certainly don’t have a right to use deliberations to get a jump on the rest of us.

Making laws and insider information is not.

Not when it comes to publicly traded companies and insider trading.

2 Likes

i didn’t say they did… disclosure is enough of a violation, curtailment is too far

i agree, insider trading laws should apply. they don’t, and that is the problem.

No, it’s not.

i will just disagree. in my opinion being elected is not a reason to curtail constitutional rights. full disclosure, laws that apply to all, let the voters decide.

What Constitutional right?

They already “disclose”.

How about they can’t make a move until the announcement is public and the bill is signed?

you don’t know where the right to property is in the constitution? its there twice. someone must have thought it important

i’m okay with that. its still a curtailment, but it is reasonable and isn’t onerous

Hope that is the only thing you agree on with AOC.

See the following and how her challenger, Tine Forte, portrays Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez