AOC finally said something all should agree with: Ban Congress from stock trading in office

Apparently Pelosi thinks it is just fine for members of Congress to freely trade in individual stocks with their access to regulatory information and government contracts. Obama’s ethics chief finds it wrong and unethical and so does AOC.

I have to check the temperature of Hell today because I agree with AOC on this.

Obama ethics chief calls Pelosi’s support of lawmaker stock trading ‘disgusting’: the 'opposite’ of ethics

12 Likes

Insider trading is illegal for everybody else, it’s an abomination that congress can still do it.

7 Likes

Oh yes.

If it were up to me, congress would be kept in sackcloth and ashes for the duration of their term, but for now, I’d settle for stopping the stock trading

There should be a display board behind each member of congress displaying the stock symbols they have invested in while in office.

3 Likes

Broken clock, probably jealous that she can’t afford rent or something off of only 5 digits per month.

Make them all wear their sponsors’ logos on their suits.

2 Likes

Are we sure she knows what stocks are?

5 Likes

Gonna have to tip the bartender!

It could simply be that she is against it because Pelosi is for it.

1 Like

The best part of this: it’s something we all agree on so therefore—axiomatically—it’s not going to happen.

2 Likes

This is where we have arrived as a country.

1 Like

Nothing new, people in positions of power almost always think the rules shouldn’t apply to them.

I am commenting on the fact that the two sides are in reflexive opposition to each other.

The question is what are the “sides” in this. Liberal v Conservative, or Congress v The public.

Don’t lie…she scares you.

R’s v. D’s of course.

You might think Congress v. Public would apply, but that would just be harnessed to partisan advantage.

If the D’s put forth a bill prohibiting this tomorrow morning, by tomorrow afternoon the R’s would be saying they would support such a bill, just not this bill.

2 Likes

:frowning_face: That cuts both ways.

Though issues like this shouldn’t.

Why do liberals always confuse humor tinged, abject contempt for fear?

Because you and I both know she is going no where. She is well liked and she’s in a district that is strongly dem.

Which has nothing to do with fear v contempt. She occupies a district that Pelosi declared could be won by a glass of water if there was a D next to it on the ballot. There are also districts where a plate of good brisket could win if it had an R next to it on the ballot.

Hence my point. She will eventually be in charge and her agenda scares cons.