AOC: Coronavirus Response ‘Should Be Drafted With a Lens of Reparations’

Originally published at: AOC: Coronavirus Response ‘Should Be Drafted With a Lens of Reparations’ | Sean Hannity

Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez surprised millions of users on social media Friday; demanding the federal government’s Coronavirus response be “drafted with a lens of reparations.”

“COVID deaths are disproportionately spiking in Black + Brown communities. Why? Because the chronic toll of redlining, environmental racism, wealth gap, etc. ARE underlying health conditions. Inequality is a comorbidity. COVID relief should be drafted with a lens of reparations,” posted AOC on Twitter.

COVID deaths are disproportionately spiking in Black + Brown communities.

Why? Because the chronic toll of redlining, environmental racism, wealth gap, etc. ARE underlying health conditions.

Inequality is a comorbidity. COVID relief should be drafted with a lens of reparations.

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) April 3, 2020

The Congresswoman made similar comments over Amazon’s response to the pandemic.

“Amazon’s attempt to smear Chris Smalls, one of their own warehouse workers, as ‘not smart or articulate’ is a racist & classist PR campaign. If execs are as concerned abt worker health & safety as they claim, then they should provide the full paid sick leave ALL workers deserve,” posted AOC on Twitter.

Amazon’s attempt to smear Chris Smalls, one of their own warehouse workers, as “not smart or articulate” is a racist & classist PR campaign.

If execs are as concerned abt worker health & safety as they claim, then they should provide the full paid sick leave ALL workers deserve. https://t.co/pAubxenDwr

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) April 3, 2020

Jeff Bezos: The richest man in the world.
Amazon: Pays $0 in federal income taxes.
Workers: Unable to get the protection they need.

The greed has got to end. I stand with Amazon workers who are fighting for their rights. https://t.co/TZwTvchLnh

— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 2, 2020

“Jeff Bezos: The richest man in the world. Amazon: Pays $0 in federal income taxes. Workers: Unable to get the protection they need,” added Sen. Bernie Sanders. “The greed has got to end. I stand with Amazon workers who are fighting for their rights.”

Isn’t Bezo’s a democrat? I thought only republicans were greedy capitalist?

So now we are supposed to believe that Covid-19 is racist? Do you think it has anything to do with the lifestyles people choose? For example, the number of smokers in these populations might be higher. Since we know that Covid-19 hits smokers really hard, that could certainly account for a statistical difference based on race. There’s probably a hundred patterns like this that could apply.

I read some research that said your genetic could play a role in how you recover from Covid-19. So now DNA is racist? For example, how does someone with the sickle-cell trait respond to Covid-19? Since it cuts down the amount of dissolved oxygen in the blood, then it should be very bad for someone with this trait to get Covid-19. 1 out of 500 African Americas have the trait, 1 out of 1000 to 1500 Hispanics have it. That between 70,0000 to 80,000 Americans. That alone could account for the statistical difference, and I am sure there’s dozens of other similar ones we could consider.

Bezo’s only gets his money if he sells his ownership in Amazon. He would pay taxes in that case. He doesn’t pay taxes because he probably invests much more than he makes, and he probably losses a lot as well.

But the reality is, he pays about $1B a year in federal income tax for the 750,000 employee that he has to pay 7.5% federal income tax, medicare, and social security on. Since he has to match what they pay, his employees pay the same. So the net tax to the government is about $2B from Amazon and their employees. That is certainly more than $0. But I guess for liberals… $0 and $2B is pretty much the same.