AOC and Cow Gas:

You don’t know what you are talking about. I have raised cattle. I have lived on a cattle ranch. It was on land that wouldn’t grow anything much without massive irrigation from very little water resources. It was a very efficient use of the land and likely will always be. The domesticated cow replaced the wild cow in less numbers. But hey, don’t let that truth get in the way of so-called facts.

Baloney, they are so closely related they produce offspring.

One more thingy: Carbon is not a pollutant. It’s what plants breathe. More carbon, more & healthier plants for PETA people to kill.

Did you get that from a computer model? Did you know many bison are raised on private land? Also bison ARE cattle.

How much tractor fuel and pesticides and fertilizers are used and how many barns, homes and ag stores are built to feed wild bison?

Wild bison.

oh i don’t smoke

Great points. The farm i grew up on was too hilly for much row cropping but was just fine for raising cattle and hogs.

Also as long as people love juicy steaks raising cattle is not going away.:+1:

1 Like

I never saw pesticides used in a pasture for grazing cattle. That happens in vegetable fields. You know, for the people who don’t eat meat. You don’t need fertilizer either, the cows provide that naturally.

Don’t know what any as this has to do with bison.
But bison are housed if needed in the same barns as cattle. They do required a taller and stronger fence. They eat the same feed as cattle that is sold at feed stores
The same amount of tractor fuel is used to feed them as cattle. And since they eat the same grass and grain as cattle the same amount of fertilizer is used to grow the grass and grain they eat.
And buffalo are crossed with cattle there is a rancher where I live that raises them their called beefalo.
And sorry to tell you but there are no wild buffalo any more.
They are all fenced in and raised. Which means they are worked and fed just like cattle. Even the ones you see at National parks. They also have roundups every year and sort off a lot of the young bison and sell them to the highest bidder. If they didn’t there would get to be to many of them since they aren’t hunted.

He presumably means domestication and industrial farming.

Dairy cows eat a lot of corn sileage and grain, grown in a field, with fertilizers and pesticides.