Anyone watching Severence?

Anyone watching Severence on Apple TV.? The show is about work and home life being separated

Biotechnology corporation Lumon Industries uses a medical procedure called “severance” to separate the memories of their employees depending spatially on whether they are at work or not. When a severed worker is at work, they are dubbed “innies” and can remember nothing of their lives or the world outside. When outside work, they are dubbed “outies” and cannot remember their time at work. Due to this innie and outie experience two different lives, with distinct personalities and agendas.

If you watched, what do you think?

1 Like

It’s an amazing show can’t wait for season 2.

I watched it a while ago so it’s not as fresh, but I loved it.

1 Like

Amazing show. Love the originality of it. Kind of slow the first few episodes but then picked up very quickly

I enjoyed season 1. My understanding is we won’t see season 2 for a while.

Same. I thought it was original and I agree it was slow at first, but so thought provoking. I thought they did a good job of separating the innies from the outies. I normally am not a fan of Patricia Arquette’s, but her voice cadence fit well with this character.

Thanks for the tip.

Wife is watching the ubs morning show with the gorgeous Jen Aniston. Didn’t seem too woke until Witherspoon character went lesbian.

1 Like

One of the last episodes has something very unexpected and super creepy to me. I’m not sure if it was required at this point, but we shall see.

1 Like

I don’t have Apple TV, but I find the concept fascinating. Good to see some original thinking.

How do they know where they work if they can’t remember? Or do they know where to go, but don’t remember what they did there until they walk in? I imagine it would be the same for leaving the building.

Through a surgical implant that works like a switch if within range. The outies remember basic things like they work there. It’s promoted as a new way to work by essentially never experiencing actually working.

No spoilers there, great show worthy of a free trial binge.

Bonus recommendation: Fargo (The series on FX/Hulu)

1 Like