Anti Vaxxers Ruining Disease Free Country

Your post disappeared as I was responding.

That’s insanely weird.

Shame that we can’t limit the negative consequences of not vaccinating to those who voluntarily opt out. The innocent shouldn’t have to suffer this stupidity.

1 Like

Measles is ‘relatively harmless’?

I don’t think so.

You understand what the word relative means, right?

Yes, I understand that diseases are fundamentally harmful. The point is that anti-vaxxers reducing the discussion to measles, and anecdotal stories of “how it wasn’t a problem when they were children” is one of the issues in itself.

1 Like

I agree with you 100%.

I will go even further, any parent who refuses to have their child vacinanated should lose custody.

Allan

1 Like

I got it when I was 5. Dad said no tv. Man it was Sunday. Timmie and lassie day.
Cried and whined for days. My parents were angels.

Allan

We got to read and watch tv, but had to wear dark sunglasses.

Where did I say it wasn’t a problem? Spin someone elses words to make your point.

You mean the “light hearted anecdote” that wasn’t serious?

You did not say much of anything, so I don’t know if you even had a point to spin…

I don’t know if I’d go that far, but they should not be allowed in public schools, IMO.

158,000 deaths world wide for a preventable disease.

Allan

I used to have neighbors who had lollipop parties to pass these harmless diseases around between their and their friends’ kids.

That’s the one. I told you the point. Don’t spin my words to make your point.

No, below is the compelling point you made in this thread, which then morphed into your “light-hearted reflection on Easter Vacation”.

As a kid if someone in the neighborhood got the measles, every one got it. That was our vaccination. Later they came up with the shot version.

What I quoted is exactly the narrative anti-vaxxers love, whether you meant it or not.

Dear lord, we want more kids growing up messed up in foster care because some parent doesn’t want to give the kid a chicken pox shot? I am all for vaccines but taking kids away is silly and what’s even worse and killing way more Americans than non vaccinated people is the obesity in this country.

40% of the country can’t see their privates while looking down peeing because of there huge stomach. Heart disease up and life expectancy down. Meanwhile we have leftist who support the body sensitivity movement and plus size models.

I see kids all the time probably nice and vaccinated at 10 years old rocking 200 pounds while clutching a McRib.

Quoting it again doesn’t change it.

Don’t spin my posts to make your point.

You aren’t infecting someone else with your obesity.

Point has been made, go on with your day. :wink:

Yes it makes my eyes bleed and the country isn’t reproducing because they aren’t attracted to a whale, even though there being told embrace it.

I betcha they would think at least twice about vaccinating their children.

Only the hard cases would have their children taken,

Once it happen once or twice, everyone would fall in line.

Yes it’s that important.

Allan (full disclosure my grandfather was a public health doctor and my grandmother a public health nurse during the depression)