Another recession warning

Right. And that significantly effects our economy.

@conan, get the gas can. lol

Yeah it’s not recession based but 910 points holy crap

Did it start rebounding already?

Oh I see that.

We really are in Recession!!!

1 Like

Not really.

I think “some” is trying to profit of coronavirus scare…what do you think?

Russian induced Recession by Racists?

2 Likes

Oh i am sure. The stoking of fear and panic alone is bringing in nice cash i am sure

This is interesting, travel and high tech industry stocks are dropping but pharmaceuticals companies are jumping. But again that is to be expected.

i dont think trumps proposed 19% cut to the CDC budget will go over real well as coronavirus rages

As the virus crisis spreads, supply lines will be disrupted and that will effect business.

Economies that are sound will rebound very quickly once production supply channels open back up. Those that aren’t could easily slip into recession.

The drop in tourism alone is enough to hurt our economy.

I am tempted to buy if it keeps dropping some of these tech stocks are trading at such a high valuation level they were always going to be the ones that come down the fastest.

The next quarter economic report will be bad.

the market leading tech stocks are so overvalued i wont touch them
the 50 or so market favorite stocks are insanely overvalued while the rest of the market lags badly

It looks to me like the market has quite a bit more down before it gets to where it should sanely have stopped going up.
I’m sticking with my rule of thumb that I will stay 50% assets and 50%(bonds or cash). Maybe by this summer…we shall see. I just don’t jump in.

Everyone seems to be surviving so far. Keep that extinguisher handy, just in case we finally get that recession libs have been praying for. :wink:

Their economic miracle just might happen…

1 Like

Yuck. that is a brutal day. Hope it turns around, but I think Corona virus is going to do a number on some earnings.

I’d be careful - if it turns a bit positive tomorrow, I think the middle of the week could be brutal.

This is based on no real expertise. I just have a memory of a couple mini-crashes, and the first dip recovering, then the big dip following.

Hope that’s not the case here.

There’s a lot of fears right now about how the CV is going to affect the global supply chain in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Uncertainty always brings the market down.

As soon as they figure out where it’s all headed the market will adjust and come back.

Not really. It’s not a widespread restriction. So far just limiting travel back and forth to China and they’re pretty much out of business anyhow for the short term.