Another Questionable Shooting?

The only similarity between the two situations was that the victims acted like morons. One attacked a man with a shotgun, the other stepped out of his vehicle with a shotgun. I don’t care who’s right or wrong, you’re asking for it. Otherwise one was self defense and the other guy was shot in the back.

Better a live “coward” than a dead “hero”.

Something to ponder: Instead of getting out, standing completely still with the shotgun in the air, the guy starts walking toward the front of his car. One, maybe two more steps, the car door is between the armed suspect and the officer(s). 2 or 3 steps and they guy has the entire car between him and the officers.

Did you consider that?

1 Like

Like I said, can’t let that happen. Totally justified shooting.

1 Like

I am going to disagree.

Suspect appeared to be attempting to gain position in front of vehicle to fire the weapon he held.

Exactly. Hand in air was token gesture with weapon in other hand. He did not give up.

He was going for cover.

That is how I read his body language.

Bad shoot. He was using the shotgun to conduct choir practice, which he was late for.

The shooter is not a police officer, still a good shoot?

Why was he chasing the guy?

He wasn’t.

Yes he was.

No, he wasn’t. This is my hypothetical, not yours.

Yes he was.

For the benefit of those born without an imagination or empathy:

Not a police officer. Contact happens just as you see it from the time the car door opens. Contact was initiated because of trespassing. Citizen is to the front left of the camera, gun holstered. Everything else remains the same. No sound.

Still a good shoot?

This.

I don’t get where people get this idea that the police have some expanded right to shoot someone different than a normal citizen has.

They don’t.

All they have is exemptions from brandishing type laws. Ie they can have a gun drawn while they give you commands.

But once the trigger is pulled, if a normal citizen couldn’t justify the shot, neither can a cop.

2 Likes

That is indeed a possibility that I had not considered.

1 Like

That’s the way it’s supposed to be. In reality, they can get away with anything. We have been indoctrinated.

I am a liberal anarchist

Then your not comparing apples to apples.