ANOTHER NO SHOW: As Impeachment Fantasy Collapses, Al Green Says He Won’t Attend State of the Union

Originally published at: ANOTHER NO SHOW: As Impeachment Fantasy Collapses, Al Green Says He Won’t Attend State of the Union | Sean Hannity

Impeachment-obsessed Congressman Al Green confirmed Tuesday his plan to boycott Donald Trump’s State of the Union Address; saying he won’t attend a speech delivered by a “bigoted President.”

“Because of an impeached, reckless, ruthless, lawless, shameless, corrupt, & unapologetically bigoted president – who is still engaging in a coverup, the state of the House, the state of the Senate, and the #StateOfTheUnion are divided. I will NOT attend,” posted Green on social media.

Because of an impeached, reckless, ruthless, lawless, shameless, corrupt, & unapologetically bigoted president – who is still engaging in a coverup, the state of the House, the state of the Senate, and the #StateOfTheUnion are divided.

I will NOT attend #SOTU2020.

— Congressman Al Green (@RepAlGreen) February 4, 2020

Three other House Democrats announced their decision to boycott Trump’s address this week.

“A third House Democrat announced plans on Monday to boycott President Trump‘s Tuesday State of the Union address, which will take place a day before the Senate is expected to acquit the president in his impeachment trial,” reports The Hill. “Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.), who also skipped Trump’s previous State of the Union addresses, said that he will not be attending the speech on Tuesday.”

“I have chosen not to dignify Trump’s parade of lies about health care, his persistent exaggeration, and his personal attacks with my attendance at this year’s State of the Union Address. His appalling performances each day continue to justify that decision, and I have no doubt tomorrow night will be more of the same — even possibly worse,” Blumenauer said in a statement.

The other two Democrats include Representatives Steven Cohen and Frederica Wilson.

Read the full report here.