Announced One Hour Ago: ... Anti-vaccine activist RFK Jr. challenging Biden in 2024

The CDC’s definition? Oh, okay. According to the article Nemesis posted, their definition was “Injection of a killed or weakened infectious organism in order to prevent disease.” But we all know that was never accurate.

It did and its not the first time it has changed. I am sure it will change again.

:rofl: It’s not a stutter.

1 Like

Lemme guess:
There are several defintions of vaccination,
at least one, seldom used ancient one applies
therefore you are going to pretend you did not know what In was saying.

I wonder why the WHO has back tracked on giving this safe and effective vaccine to children?

I guess they finally got around to reading this

Well that or it’s because Gates sold his vax stock.

1 Like

No, I’m talking about common knowledge. Anyone who thought about it for more than a second realized that vaccines do not always prevent disease. Anyone who ever got the flu shot, for example, should have realized this. Outrage over the definition of “vaccine” is fake.

Except, flu vaccines do prevent contraction of the variant targeted.

from Different Types of Flu Vaccines | CDC

Influenza (flu) vaccines cause antibodies to develop in the body about two weeks after vaccination. These antibodies provide protection against infection with the flu viruses that are used to make vaccine.

The CDC? Really? “Provide protection against” does not equal “cannot contract.”

The flu shot is generally an effective way to protect yourself from the flu because it helps your body develop necessary antibodies to fight back against the virus. When the flu shot is well matched to the influenza strains that are circulating, you are less likely to get the flu. In fact, the CDC says the flu shot reduces your chances of catching the flu by 40% to 60%.

So about being antivax being part of the political identity of Republicans, this thread is proving that point that was denied earlier quite nicely.

DeSantis is an antivaxxer, vote for him.

Up to date on all my vaccines thanks. Minus the covid booster but now the WHO says I don’t need it.

I am certainly familiar with the concept that vaccines have an effectiveness rate under 100%.

That’s not what this was.
This was “if you are vaccinated you will sgtil ge the disease, and you will still transmit the disease, but you won’t get it as bad . . . only we are not sure of that because this has not been tested as fully as other meds are tested.”

It was a poorly-tested experimental therapueutic.
Not avaccine by any normal definition.

Polio vaccine:
“You still get polio but not as bad . . . err we think.” ← Really?

1 Like

I read your posts. You’re an antivaxxer.

We know for sure vaccines reduced the severity of COVID symptoms. Do we know for sure they didn’t reduce the rate of transmission?

Different vaccines are different.

Nonsense. I have doubts about one particular vaccine, one which we were told quite a few lies about. And that was not studied in regard to long term effects. But I do encourage you to get it as many times as possible.

Here is a list of vaccines required to attend public school in NJ
Polio
MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
Varicella (Chickenpox)
Hepatitis B
Meningitis
Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis)

Ignoring for now the untried, untested part,
Kindly point out to me which ones where–> You still; get the disease just not as badly.

You see, without moving the goalposts
I labor under the assumption that the commonly used definition of vaccine the experimental COVID medicine does not qualify
and that
you are engaging in word games.

1 Like

Sorry, you’ll have to ask an infectious disease expert for more info.

No, the people engaging in word games are those steadfastly sticking to an inaccurate definition of a word for political reasons.

Donald Trump gets it:

“I came up with a vaccine, with three vaccines,” Trump said. “All are very, very good. Came up with three of them in less than nine months. It was supposed to take five to 12 years.”

“Oh no, the vaccine[s] work, but some people aren’t taking them,” he responded. “The ones that get very sick and go to the hospital are the ones who don’t take their vaccine. But it’s still their choice, and if you take the vaccine you’re protected. Look, the results of the vaccine are very good. And if you do get it, it’s a very minor form. People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”

Well if you are going to drag out the noted virologist Donald Trump, I give up.

2 Likes

He’s been one of the country’s highest-profile anti-vaxxers since long before COVID.

He is a single-issue candidate - and it just happens to be single issue that Democrats are pretty united on.

I’m guessing it increased it.

1 Like

I wrote
“The vaccine does not actually vaccinate.”

That was a correct statement then. It is a correct statement now.
You pretended you do not know what the sentence means and
and then tried to use your pretend-ignorance in attempt to argue others are ignorant.

1 Like