Announced One Hour Ago: ... Anti-vaccine activist RFK Jr. challenging Biden in 2024

I dunno that he has the background/experience to be a viable threat, but the campaign is getting interestinger and interestinger,

Anti-vaccine activist RFK Jr. challenging Biden in 2024

NEW YORK (AP) — Democrat Robert F. Kennedy Jr., an anti-vaccine activist and scion of one of the country’s most famous political families, is running for president.

Kennedy filed a statement of candidacy Wednesday with the Federal Election Commission.

The 69-year-old’s campaign to challenge incumbent President Joe Biden for the Democratic nomination is a long shot. Self-help author Marianne Williamson is also running in the Democratic race.

Kennedy, a nephew of President John F. Kennedy and the son of his slain brother Robert F. Kennedy, was once a bestselling author and environmental lawyer who worked on issues such as clean water.

2 Likes

He has the Kennedy brand and he is coherent.

Smart move with dems lacking leadership.

3 Likes

Good luck.

1 Like

Actual photos

1 Like

Now do his voice.

I wonder who a single issue antivax loon is going to pull votes from? Hmmm.

1 Like

Of course the status quo at any cost types will portray him as a single issue candidate.

In fact he has a career as an environmental lawyer and
his objections to the COVID response go way way way beyond 1-issue vaccines and include a lot of things we now know to be true.

From the description of one of his books

In his November 2021 book The Real Anthony Fauci, which sold over 1,000,000 copies, Kennedy made predictions that have matured from “conspiracy theories” to proven facts. Among these:
Masks Are Ineffective and Dangerous
Social Distancing Was Not Science-Based
School Closures Were Not Science-Based
Lockdowns Were Counterproductive
Vaccinating Children Causes More Harm and Death Than It Averts
Officials Wrongly Used PCR Tests to Justify the Countermeasures
COVID-19 May Have Come from Wuhan Lab
Natural Immunity is Superior to Vaccine Immunity

2 Likes

Now that being antivax is part of the Republican political identity, that’s where he will peel votes from.

Have you ever heard him speak?

He will never be a Democratic nominee.

Maybe GOP though.

1 Like

From wiki

In 2008, it was reported that Kennedy has spasmodic dysphonia, which causes his voice to quaver and makes speech difficult. It is a form of an involuntary movement disorder called dystonia that affects only the larynx.

Anyone is better than Biden/Harris

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say he was coherent, maybe compared to Biden

1 Like

Not in the primaries.
Besides I think most Americans now realize the shut downs were wrong.
The stimmy checks were overdone.
Masks were not necessary.
The vaccine does not actually vaccinate.

RFK Jr runs in the primary.
The truth gets validated.
DeSantis looks like a much stronger candidate.

1 Like

But does he stutter?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, we’ll stick with a proven winner who has been very successful implementing our Marxist agenda.

3 Likes

So another guy who will age into his mid 70s in the WH if he is successful.

I have no issue in anyone challenging biden bit please there has to be a younger alternative.

1 Like

Do not underestimate the Kennedy’s. Jimmy Carter did, and it almost cost him.

1 Like

if Biden can get into the wh, literally anyone can.

(as long as they are democrat of course)

1 Like

Well if he has the ability to speak complete sentences he’s already a step up from Biden, that Kennedy name was for a long time gold.

1 Like

Tsk, tsk.

2 Likes

Meh. I used to listen to his radio show a long time ago, when he was still libertarian. He had a co-host. I much preferred when the other host was doing the talking. He doesn’t have a voice for radio, but bless his heart for not letting that stop him.