Andrew McCabe: 25th Amendment was discussed by Justice Department to remove Trump from office

They did it because he dared fire one of them.

If you say so.

It’s not if I say so, or you say so. It is what we know the facts to be at this juncture. Should the facts as known change, then maybe the discussion changes. But as of now, none of this was unconstitutional.

Justice and the FBI sought to originate a procedure that was not within their authority or jurisdiction. Isn’t that known as overreaching?

But see that begs the question…was Trump indeed “duly” elected?

They did not seek to originate anything. Where did you get that from? They had/have no power to invoke the 25th. They have every right in the world to discuss it though. They even have the right to bring up their concerns direct to the VP and the Cabinet, who could originate it if deemed necessary.

We’re they actually starting the process? If they had enough evidence to present to the cabinet and the VP, and they began 25th amendment processes, would that still be wrong in your opinion?

If he was colluding with the Russians that doesn’t make him incapacitated or unfit…it makes him a traitor.

And libs have no proof that he colluded.

FBI and CoJ are corrupt to the core…hiding behind eh law to commit sedition.

I wouldn’t say it was unconstitutional. However, it was hardly appropriate for these two agencies to be initiating such a discussion.

They haven’t started a procedure to remove Trump. Discussing is not that.

Why? What should prevent any American from talking about things? Especially something as serious as national security concerns? If anything, it would be a dereliction of their sworn duties to defend the country from threats, both foreign and domestic, if they did not discuss all of the Constitutionally and legally outlined options at their disposal.

However, they did not raise their concerns with the Vice-President and the Cabinet. They were going behind the backs of the very people who do have the authority to originate this kind of discussion. Again, they were overreaching. I’m not saying it was unconstitutional or even against the law. I am saying it was unprofessional and never should have occurred–not at that level.

Your first statement collides with the last two. You are correct. He would be a traitor if he colluded. But to say there’s no proof and the FBI and DOJ are corrupt based on discussion is not correct at all. There’s no sedition. Trump’s not in danger of going anywhere. Not now anyway. Wait until Mueller’s report and then we’ll all know.

We don’t know to what extent it was discussed. Pence could have been informed. In fact, my guess is that he knows more than has been reported.

Fact it…they attempted palace coup…and CoJ and FBI will get away with it. After all they’re the law.

They didn’t storm the WH gates. That’s overdramatizing in the extreme.

1 Like

Are members of the FBI and Justice departments also certified psychologists? Or, is their business law enforcement? If they were acting in a law enforcement capacity, then they should have been speaking to Congress about initiating impeachment, not trying to figure out a way to go the 25the Amendment route. Doesn’t that make it seem they had nothing to charge the President with in regards to law enforcement, so they settled on the alternate route?

Since when has the FBI ever investigated someone so they could bring on the charge of being a lunatic? I doubt there is even such a charge at the FBI level.

And just for fyi, here’s a free source document of information and history on the 25th Amendment written by a Yale professor that might be helpful.

https://www.debatepolitics.com/redirect-to/?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Flaw.yale.edu%2Fsystem%2Ffiles%2Farea%2Fclinic%2Fdocument%2Fmn082208.yls.const.fnl.pdf

Word games.

I doubt every move by the FBI and DOJ is run past the vice president or Congress.