An 'Epidemic of Dishonesty'. Yep, I'd say that's a that's about right

“That’s according to former New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, who warned in a commencement speech Saturday at Rice University that “an endless barrage of lies” and a trend toward “alternate realities” in national politics pose a dire threat to U.S. democracy.”

“There is now more tolerance for dishonesty in politics than I have seen in my lifetime,” Bloomberg said. “The only thing more dangerous than dishonest politicians who have no respect for the law is a chorus of enablers who defend their every lie.”

I’m not sure I believe the terrorism or communism part, but the part I’ve quoted above is spot on. He nailed it. Smack dab in the mouth.

Bloomberg should know.

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg acknowledged on Sunday that he had concealed the domestic violence arrest of former Deputy Mayor Stephen Goldsmith, but said he would not apologize for his actions, even as Mr. Goldsmith said he regretted keeping the event secret.

Breaking three days of silence, Mr. Bloomberg told reporters that he had immediately decided that Mr. Goldsmith would have to resign over the arrest, but did not want to cause further suffering to the Goldsmith family by making the July 30 arrest public. The mayor denied that he had misled the public when he issued a news release Aug. 4 saying that Mr. Goldsmith was “leaving to pursue private-sector opportunities in infrastructure finance.”

Yes. after the IRS oppression who can believe the govt anymore… And the Obama care lies, then Gruber laughing at people who supported it because of all the lies. Rhodes calling journalist stupid for believing anything he said about the Iran “deal”. The press colluding with the dems to the point they are the dems.

I’ve been able to vote and have evaluated politicians for 4 decades. What Bloomberg forgot to mention is that politicians have always lied, lied, lied and lied again. Now news covers politics 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and constantly exposes lies from either politicians or the actual news source itself. It’s gotten so bad that people have come to understand it’s standard equipment with politicians and Bloomberg and his cronies should be ashamed. He’s pointing the finger at the general public and still not looking in the mirror. What an arrogant turd. Fix the problem sir and it’s you and turd politicians.

1 Like

Yes, if Hillary had won, she could lie all day long and he would say nothing… He’s just lashing out at Trump. Obama admin started the cover up’s with their gun sales to Mexican gangs… Where was Doomberg, then?

Still trotting out that lame nag?

Well, some people have an affinity for the oldies I guess.

What a stupid article.

It’s a milestone is in dishonesty and the corruption of our democratic republic. What’s sad is how little dems care.

Yes, very sad. Except for the fact that no non profits were oppressed. Otherwise, spot on.

She laughed (apologized knowing nothing would happen to her) about it… about 500 orgs were stopped from engaging in 2012 election.

No they weren’t. You’re either lying or believing lies.

By briging up Hilldawg, you trump huggers are basically admitting this administration is massively corrupt.

1 Like