An argument for legalization (formally legslization)

Dealers sell more than weed. The argument for legalization should be that it keeps people from having to go to dealers thereby making weed a gateway drug. If it’s sold at dispensaries, harder drugs won’t be pushed to them.

1 Like

Cannabis is not the gateway - the dealer’s front door is.

Exactly.

None of the ones that I went to ever did. The hard drugs were always other people

Lots do. Point is, removing that element removes the gateway argument.

correction;. the gateway fallacy. Most Cannabis related offenses involve only Cannabis

Alcohol almost always comes first.

Alcohol Is The Real Gateway Drug – MassCentral

People who mix alcohol and cannibis are far more likely to do harder drugs than those who only use cannibis. People who do “indacouch” are also far less likely to get behind the wheel.

If we’re going down that route, then I say caffeinated sugary beverages.

I suppose that’s possible, but alcohol is a powerful mind altering substance. It can get people wasted and be the genesis of poor decision making. The vast majority of drug abusers started with alcohol.

I’ll bet they all got gakked out on soda as young kids.

Somebody gave my daughter a bottle of Mt. Dew when she was about five and it got pretty crazy. Funny crazy, but gakked out might be a good way to put it. I explained caffeine and sugar to her in great detail and she was fascinated lol. But she got it and made better choices going forward. She was a little wild in her college years, she’s still a product of her parents after all, but getting married in June and doing just fine with a great job and fiance’.

It’s a gateway that most children experience, many without supervision or limits.

Hmmmmm. Some wilder cousins come to mind who lost their father at a young age and practically raised themselves cuz my aunt had to work her ass off to keep the house.

Damn Cheetos are worse mind altering substances for toddlers. Yellow #6 is a helluva drug.

1 Like

you two play down being dopeheads

quit it

: )

Weed is not a gateway drug because if it was many of the people I know would be dead for the serious hard stuff.

Why can’t you spell “legalization” correctly?

Funny thing, I don’t do drugs of any sort. I won’t even take aspirin/Tylenol/ibuprofen unless I really really have to. 25 years ago, in college, I smoked a little, and I just don’t see any issues with it, especially when compared to alcohol.

2 Likes

Haha, just saw that. Legslization is more of an 18th century cancan dancer rights movement. Which, if you really think about it, is where the wheels fell off this country, and we started sledding straight to hell.