An Act Against God(AAAG)

Not the right God though like mine. Have you studied the Koran?

Experienced. As have many others. Met up with is more accurate than “met”.

Remember as a child, riding in a car at night, and it seemed that the moon was following the car? However, it was the motion of the car that made it seem as though the moon was moving.

As we look at the morality of mankind down through the ages is it possible it is the morality of mankind that is moving while the morality of God is stationary?

Another thought is that although the moon does not follow our car night, it does move in its own trajectory. I don’t think anyone knows God’s trajectory, if He has one? I think it is likely, but I cannot say.

You question my representation of God as pure love? What is your representation?

When I think about being against someone purely because of who they are the first thing that enters my mind is pure love.

3 Likes

Who is God against? Plus, there is the question is it God who is against people…or, is it people who are against God?

It should of been apparent that I was talking about hypocritical Christians and not God

1 Like

Bits and pieces here and there. I believe it’s similar on many levels to Christianity and Judaism, just several hundred years behind them. Islam hasn’t had their renaissance yet like the other two. Well that and unlike the Bible it was literally the word of God passed down to his prophet and not open to interpretation. I’m sure that will change at some point too. Every organized religion has “evolved” at one point or another throughout history to fit with society. Easier to manipulate and control people that way.

A parent and teacher. It beats the angry jealous supreme overlord of the Bible who will smite anyone who so much as questions him. Speaking of which, wonder why I haven’t been struck by lightning or smited yet. Maybe his smiting machine broke or something. Or that’s just a line in a story meant to keep people in line. :wink:

And how do you know I haven’t experienced God? Perhaps God is speaking through me. Again, how do you know?

Which also begs the question why would a being of pure love create something it hates? Does that make sense? A being of pure love who is all knowing and all powerful? Oh yeah, and never makes mistakes. Almost forgot that part.

Excellent point

I was joking but ya Islam has had a rough couple hundred years. Muslim civilization played a large role in mathematics many years ago. But since WW1 muslim countries have just been in constant occupation/war

The Romans contributed to Humanity too. Doesn’t mean they were any better or any worse than any of the other people who were around at the time. At least we’ve moved away from one group of people trying to take control of the entire world. Oh wait.

Or as some Jews teach, attributing such emotions to God is simply a way to measure standards that humans recognize of what is important for people who want to keep to the ways of God. They will point out that the only laws non-Jews are meant to keep are the seven Noachide laws. The rest are meant for Jews.

If God is speaking through you, you would be the first to know, and there would be no ‘perhaps’ about it. Most of us believe that the last public revelation God sent us was through Jesus. There may be some private ones as well. Followers of the LDS faith believe public revelation is still on going and point to prophets such as Joseph Smith.

Hmm, and how would we know God’s morality is stationary?

Or that God is even bound by morality to begin with.

As I pointed out, we don’t know. All we have at this point are hypotheses. All work up to a certain point, but there are also problems with each of them. As I said, I lean more towards stationary. One of the main problems with this one is, Then did morality exist before God? Or like God, is morality infinite, never had a beginning, won’t have an end.

As is so much with God and the human mind, it seems to work like a bubble–we can only go so far before it turns back on itself.

Most Christians believe in an infinite God, that there was no time before God. Not sure where you are on this.

I see human morality as a human construct. It has evolved over time which one can plainly see.

I don’t see any evidence for an objective morality.

2 Likes