Amy Coney Barrett

I wouldn’t bet on that. They will find some young man or two that she raped.

The only reason I’ve seen here as that will get the black vote. Clarence Thomas pick, even though he was high tech lynched, did not get a larger share of the black vote for Bush. Barrett is more certain not to be a Souter. You don’t want to risk everything for an unsure thing. Barrett has advantages. she has been through a hearing and attacked, and handled it very well. Bigoted attacks on her faith will backfire, blacks are generally a more religious people and even if their leaders support attacks on people of religious faith, the people at home will not and may turn out on behalf of the person attacked. A family person, who has adopted 2 black kids, that will resonate with some, with people in the suburbs, as well. The Democratic threat needs to be played back for all the Democratic Senate candidates to run on expanding the Court. That is not a winning issue for Democrats there is no reason to cower.

Yeah…you’re right. Didn’t think that through.

On side note I’m seeing on FOX news that it might be Barbara Lagoa.

Still looking for more info on her. Cuban American.

I read that Trump is looking more and more at Lagoa because she is Hispanic from Florida. Florida will be a major battleground state. As far as I can tell she is a strong conservative.

don’t need to “get the black vote”, just need enough of a marginal increase to get it up to 12%. The democrats will peave enough of their own opposing it to suppress a bit too. We are in danger of losing the WH and the Senate. Barret does nothing to change the math, Brown might. Its a risk worth taking when you consider appointing Barret and then losing the WH, the Senate and the court is the alternative.

politically a better choice than Barret right now. Not as good as Brown, but maybe close enough.

Janice Brown is 71 years old. I’m a couple years older than her and either of us could drop dead at any minute. I can guarantee you that Trump won’t nominate her.

Ada Brown

My bad. I had the wrong Brown.

TX court of appeals, Perry administration, Trump put her on the federal circuit

I found her and am reading up on her. Thanks

Condi Rice?

She would likely decline.

She’s pro gun control. She’s basically a liberal. She doesn’t even have a law degree- Political Science.

Disagree. I don’t think Barrett would be a reason to lose the Senate and White House. I think the threat of stacking the court, which they will do regardless of who he picks, if they win the Senate, is a losing issue for Democrats and would not propel them to win the Senate. Republicans need to run against that threat and highlight that.

Amen. Me too.

Rice is a moderate at best. I actually like the front runner. Barrett.

cornyn and cruz both like her, she served under perry. tx 5th circuit court of appeals, and now fed circuit.

didn’t say she would be a reason to lose. said she adds nothing to the chance of winning.

the fun will really start when barrett, if appointed, makes a decision that cons disagree with…

1 Like

Amy’s perty. :sunglasses: