Amy Coney Barrett goes forward!

Heh. Handmaiden Barrett is a theocratic loon. And the Federalist Society judiciary you’ve all been swooning over was for this.

There’s no such thing…just civil unions.

1 Like

Inadvertent, natch. But just so perfect.

Lol. Denying reality is not a good look.

Allan

1 Like

You have to understand “reality” first and obviously, you haven’t mastered that yet. :sunglasses:

Mod Note

Knock off the trolling and stay on topic please.

1 Like

Actually with so much of the country that was impressed by ACB, I think it was safer for them to not be present rather than vote “No”

2 Likes

You could be right, the danger was from their own radicals.

1 Like

No but many people seem to have a sense of vindictiveness that they enjoy.

and yet you are the one who’s projecting things that have not happened, and likely will not.

3 Likes

I call shenanigans.

The whole point of the FS judiciary is to overturn RvW.

Do you have any data that indicate “much of the country” was “impressed” with ACB?

A bare majority now appear to want this confirmation over and done with- that’s a far cry from saying a lot of Americans were “impressed by ACB”.

But maybe there is data that show they are. The confirmation battle held no interest to me because the Dems were undertaking a fruitless effort to stop it. I think their strategy to overtly contest it so much was actually dumb.

1 Like

No it isn’t.

Yes, it is. Will they also go after gender-neutral marriage, strike down labor protections and undermine minimum wage and birth control?

Maybe. Zealots gonna zeal.

But, their abiding mission is to get up in the uterus and get the baby spigot running.

It’s not even 50%, aggregating.

No, it isn’t. And you know it.

which will have little impact on state laws

Yes I mentioned this.

A bare majority support confirming her.

That is not the same thing as saying much of America is “impressed with her”.

Many of those same polls, btw, rate Biden over Trump as the better person to deal with the Court going forward.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/10/21/amy-coney-barrett-poll-430632