American infrastructure is failing period

Pretty sure, having worked at and managed them in my past. The government wasn’t signing my paycheck.

2 Likes

“It’s not infrastructure, it’s just housing and pipes.” - eventual Republican president, probably

1 Like

Unless you’re older than you claim, you weren’t working there when the oil infrastructure for automobiles was rapidly expanded across the country.

By all means, point me to the government gas stations of the past.

2 Likes

Maybe you should try doing five minutes of research on this before you dig yourself deeper.

Most not all. That’s what they have immigration judges for.

Allan

I am ok with being wrong on occasion. Just did a quick search, not finding any government owned gas stations.

1 Like

All of them? Just grant them permission to stay, don’t need to check or investigate, right? Let’s get them a car, a house, Obamacare, let them invite all their relatives… that’s the compassionate thing to do, right?

Yeah our country is comparable in size to European countries. Good call. Take 3 days to make a trip that would take 8 hours.

2 Likes

If the EV infrastructure is built out, it wouldn’t be government owned.

The “government owned” argument is a red herring.

The vast majority of car travel is within 50 miles of your home.

1 Like

Say what? They are going to build charging stations and nobody will own them? Who is going to do maintenance?

1 Like

Electric charging stations are indeed infrastructure.

It’s no different than the massive subsidies gasoline got (especially the all important depletion allowance in the 1910s-1920s that allowed oil producers to deduct 27.5% of all their gross revenues for tax purposes. Senator Tom Connally, from oil-rich Texas, later admitted they chose that very specific figure to fool Americans into believing they had arrived at it “scientifically”) that was one of the key factors in the ICE car overtaking the electric and steam cars as the most popular selling automobiles (people might be surprised to know that in 1912 a third of all cars on the roads were electric…steam and electric were the most popular selling vehicles).

People really need to learn the history of their own country.

2 Likes

Can’t spend the $$$…The rich need their tax cuts. Seven or eight figures only goes so far these days…

The government made gas very very cheap, as I pointed out.

That border wall that the idiot in the white house cancelled on what, his first day in office…

Is a way more important part of our nation’s infrastructure than alot of what appears to be in the 2 trillion dollar infrastructure bill, IMHO.

Here’s the difference from this year compared to last year.

"Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is on pace to have encountered more than 171,000 migrants in March alone, two sources familiar with internal CBP data told Fox News – a dramatic increase over last year’s numbers and the latest sign that the crisis at the southern border is not subsiding.

The number, based on preliminary data and not yet finalized, would mark a sharp increase in numbers from the already-high 100,441 migrants encountered in February. In March 2020, just over 34,000 migrants were encountered." CBP on track to encounter more than 171,000 migrants in March, as border crisis escalates | Fox News

There’s one difference…The Biden Administration is in office and is both lying about and failing on the southern border. And sadly I don’t think that idiot in the White House cares. He campaigned claiming to be a moderate, he’s governing like a far left kook.

1 Like

If you don’t think they’ll soon figure out a way to tax electric vehicles to make up the difference, you might be smoking too much crack.

Once again, in the 1910s and then again in the 1926, oil and gas production was massively subsidized by the taxpayer.

Read your history.

They kind of already do with electricity taxes but yes they’ll come up with more.

Which isn’t government building gas stations and gas pumps.

2 Likes