America is not a racist country. True or false

I am guessing you were not doing a job where your job was skilled labor.

Of course it is.

That makes absolutely no sense.

You base this off of feelings, vs actual data.

Your stance on labor laws, solidifies your libertarian beliefs. Those are facts, not feelings.

I base it off your posts. Now, let’s return to the topic.

No you do not…nowhere do I advocate Authoritarianism.
Using this definition:

Authoritarianism is a form of government characterized by the rejection of political plurality, the use of a strong central power to preserve the political status quo, and reductions in the rule of law, separation of powers, and democratic voting.

Now let’s return to the topic in the OP.

Let’s say America is a racist country. Obviously it is not institutional, the laws have been cleaned up for longer than most progs here have been alive.

That leaves the private sector. Individuals.

Should it be addressed and how?

1 Like

Do you know that you are talking to yourself?

It’s not obvious to a lot of citizens.

Allan

Fair enough. Indoctrination works. In your particular case, it’s a complete and utter lack of understanding the term.

1 Like

That’s only your opinion. Mine differs.

Viva la difference…

Allan

Do that some of the time. It’s just my way of posting.

Sorta like when I sign my name to my posts.

Allan

1 Like

Ditto here. In LIB forums, members couldn’t wrap their minds around the simple fact that non-union workers could make some serious money. Many didn’t believe me, others said that unions were indirectly responsible.

Truth be told, in my chosen career there are very few individuals and demand for our skill set is high. As a result, we are very highly compensated. Unions have had no role. I’m certain my situation isn’t unique.

I’m not really anti-union per say. My wife was in a union and she receives a decent pension in our retirement.

“Overt” is meaningless. Addressed how? Those laws are garbage.

People can certainly be wrong.

The system itself isn’t the problem. Many of its enforcers are corrupt and are a problem.

Those laws are all we have. What other recourse would you advocate?

All we have to what? Recourse for what?

Once again individuals, not America as an institution.

Public accommodation laws are a violation of the right to property.

There’s no recourse to have. If someone doesn’t want you on their property, you have no right to be there. Regardless of their reasoning.

2 Likes