America added to the list of most dangerous countries for journalism for the first time in history

there was no connection to Trump. This was a personal vendetta.

And off topic.

The topic is that America was added to the list of most dangerous countries for journalism. These were the only journalists I know of who were killed in the last year or so.
That is the topic.

From the article referenced in the OP.

“The world’s five deadliest countries for journalists include three — India, Mexico and, for the first time, the United States — where journalists were killed in cold blood, even though those countries weren’t at war or in conflict, the group said.”

1 Like

Your basis for argument is bogus. The OP referred to the murder of Khasogghi. The “personal vendetta” has nothing to do with it.

Please try to follow the flow of conversation before making such uninformed comments. I was referencing that this was due solely to a personal vendetta because the poster to whom I was replying had made the following comment, trying to place the blame partly on Trump.

Ex-Pat

“You really don’t think that another incident like that could happen in the near future? Especially a future where Trump is no longer president. Don’t pretend Trump hasn’t encouraged ill will towards journalists.”

This is sensationalist. In the US, you have an exceedingly small chance of facing reprisal for being a journalist, or for what you report. Anomalies do not constitute a norm.