AMC A - List: My experience

As I had stated in another thread, I have recently (July 3rd) joined the new AMC Stubs A - List program. I’m kind of a movie buff and I have an AMC theater nearby, so this seemed like a good plan. Essentially, the core of the plan is that for $19.95 / month plus tax you can see 3 movies a week. Premium formats at AMC theaters (such as Dolby, 3D, and IMAX) are included.

I’ve got to say, I really like the program. From a user perspective, I can reserve up to 3 tickets in advance at a time. There are no convenience fees for making these 3 reservations. You just make the reservations. Since the ticket is loaded into the app, what I usually do is have that ticket on screen as I am approaching the person who is checking tickets. They will scan that in and check your id to make sure you are the one who reserved the ticket. Then, they direct you to the screen where your movie is. That’s it!

As a side benefit, the A-List program includes the benefits of their Premier rewards program. That means you get a free popcorn and fountain drink during the month of your birthday. Also, you get free upgrades when you order a drink or popcorn throughout the year (order a small and get a medium, or order a medium and get a large). Also, you can use the premier line at the concession - which works kind of like a fast pass at the Disney resorts.

I’ve had the subscription for about a month, and I definitely plan to keep it. I’d recommend it to anyone who has an AMC nearby and who likes to watch movies. If you see 2 or more movies per month, it’s pretty easy to save money with this program and have a great experience while you are doing it.