Alfie Evans rides off into the sunset, err, well, not exactly

I’ve never heard of such a thing happening here. And I pray it never does.

He’s not a corpse! He is a living, breathing CHILD!

Attempting to save his life is not “mistreatment”. The UK doctors have certainly failed to do so and giving other doctors the opportunity to try is most certainly not harmful nor is it unethical.

Not for long, his “doctors” are making sure of that.

Nope, he’s a corpse. Everything that was Alfie Evans is dead and gone, being a person is more than having a heartbeat and functioning respiratory system.

That’s where we will never agree. To me he’s long dead already.

There have been a few cases where the courts stepped in and forced treatment or refused to allow parents to seek the treatment of their choice.

Attempt to save his life? He’s already dead, WR. You know that.

They are gov’t employees.

In this case they are guaranteeing the child’s death and refusing to allow anyone else to attempt to save him.

You can’t justify this because there is no justification for it.

So then you are saying Theresa May (or whoever in the UK government would have the authority) can tell the hospital to release the boy but they are refusing to.

This makes the government as complicit as the hospital.

Governments have no right to refuse to allow family members to take their loved ones to another country for care and/or treatment.

They are playing God.

And it is disgusting.

He isn’t dead until his heart stops and he can’t be resuscitated.

1 Like

He’s not your child and he isn’t dead by any stretch of the term.

1 Like

He’s brain-dead. A meat-puppet strapped to medical machinery.

To believe otherwise is to delude oneself.

Even if Italy had not promised to take him, the actions of the hospital are still wrong. When they removed the life support and the child continued to breathe, they denied him oxygen until hours later, and only after strong intervention from the father.

Palliative care.

Would you do me a favor and look at this link? I don’t know how to post the picture here.

Look at Alfie in his parents arms, and then say he’s a “meat puppet strapped to medical machinery”.

https://twitter.com/dianemontagna/status/988669115970850822

How thoughtful of them.

And yet they only did that because the father insisted.

Just quit while you still represent some semblance of humanity.

This is a truly heartless, disgusting post.

Sickening.

He has no brain function and an incurable degenerative neurological disease, Joanne. He’s dead. The parents don’t want to accept that, and I would never expect them to.

Many people who have loved ones in comas swear they respond to stimuli when they are doing nothing of the sort. It’s an entirely understandable but unfortunately incorrect belief.

You misunderstand, the removal of oxygen was the palliative part.

Not unlike giving a large dose of painkiller to a chemo patient. It’s the end.

And yet, sometimes they miraculously do recover.