Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, meet Tina Forte, a real New Yorker and your challenger

Nothing. The problem is, this swarm of “immigrants” are filling NYC’s homeless shelters and costing NYC taxpayers:

And they are responsible for gang violence erupting in NYC:

[quote=“johnwk2, post:42, topic:242588”]

Then it seems like a very odd thing to bring up

It was a deal hashed out in secret by Cuomo and DiBalsio.

Some people… including AOC… but also people with actual power over the situation didn’t like that Cuomo and DiBlasio did this on their own without any input.

The city council had more to do with it from their questions as to why Amazon was getting such sweet tax breaks.

Michael Gianaris on the Public Authorities Control Board had actual power to do something about the HQ deal… and he hated the plan… but no one blames that guy because no one knows his name.

It is easier to blame AOC for Amazon not getting Billions in government goodies… which conservatives are apparently for now… so they do.

Is there a problem with it being majority immigrant?

No. Do you have a source for that claim?

Question.

I’m going to say “It depends”.

You’re just making thing up?

No, I’m asking.

That sure sounded like a declaration of fact

? At the end is what the FBI calls “a clue”.

1 Like

Yes. The question mark was in relation to the question of whether I thought your imaginary scenario was acceptable. Only you didn’t present it as imaginary

:roll_eyes:

“The state of New York lost a Congressional seat because, according to the Census, our population declined relative to other states.
What does that mean for our district, NY-14? Starting in January 2023, our district will change. In The Bronx, our district will now include Co-Op City and Hunts Point. We, unfortunately, lost parts of Morris Park, Allerton, and Pelham Gardens. Unlike a previous map drawn by the Legislature, our district will now retain City Island, Throggs Neck, and Edgewater. In Queens, we picked up all of Astoria and lost parts of Jackson Heights, Woodside and Sunnyside. You can see the full map here.”

Goodness gracious. It was a simple question.

No. Because it isn’t a majority immigrant

Ok, have a nice day.

I thought you wanted the question answered?

:rofl:

Did you click the link?

Again:

Stop deflecting.

The google deal was made before AOC, the D.C. swamp snake, was in office. She had nothing to do with the google deal, but did everything she could to kill the Amazon deal which lost a few thousand good-paying jobs for New Yorkers.

I never said that AOC had anything to do with the Google deal.

It was used at the time to juxtapose that Amazon was getting billions in tax goodies while Google was willing to do a Billion dollar expansion without enormous subsidies.

There were no jobs lost from Amazon pulling out of the deal.

Amazon has continued to expand in NYC … but without the Billions in subsidies.

I ask… which is better? Expansion into a market with massive tax subsidies or expansion into a market without massive tax subsidies?

If the answer is without massive tax subsidies then AOC was on the correct side of the issue.