Alex Baldwin exonerated

I would think that would be hard to do in a case such as this which makes me wonder if it was intentional?

4 Likes

Hanlon’s Razor

1 Like

I doubt it, high profile case, would not be good for his career to have such a screw up on his record.

As I understand the “armorer” had in stores, live rounds mixed in with film prop blanks.
How in the ■■■■ did that happen? Who was this armorer, who hired this oaf and what safety protocols were in place?
Now
This a Colt .45 blank

And THIS is a Colt .45 LIVE ROUND

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: I dunno

1 Like

Exonerated?

Dismissed on a technicality, a significant technicality, but still a technicality. No jury has spoken either way on the matter, thus the people’s judgement will never be known.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s what exonerated means. @Safiel was probably being sacastic.

1 Like

It is a common mistake to view questions of guilt/innocence as only black and white. In law enforcement it is viewed that way because of the imposition of consequences for a finding of guilt. In reality those who are actually guilty can be found legally innocent, those who are actually innocent can be found legally guilty and judges can prevent a finding from ever being rendered.

2 Likes

Nice when other people make “mistakes” that completely “exonerate” people.

It’s like a Hollywood ending.

1 Like

well to be fair, he’s prob suffered enough

imagine being so anti gun but yet blowing someone away with a “prop”

maybe if he werent so anti gun he would have known how to treat guns….

Duh. :rofl:

1 Like

:laughing:

8 Likes

Not even close. He made excuses for why he should be let off the hook.

2 Likes

Now he can go visit Howard Stern and talk about the whole ordeal. Stern will ask him if he pulled the trigger as a show of defiance against his father

Always a conspiracy…always.

1 Like

Didn’t they have a special prosecutor because the original prosecutors messed up as well??

Twice, in the same case.

Nothing to see here.

Not quite. The local DA didn’t want to prosecute the case, which is why New Mexico Republicans decided to appoint a special prosecutor - but they appointed someone ineligible for the position. So that case was dismissed, and another special prosecutor was appoint. That special prosecutor gave up, too. The newest prosecutor re-filed charges a few months later.

This most recent case was the 4th prosecutor involved.

This is more on the Judge than the prosecutor. Yeah, the prosecutor ■■■■■■ up by incorrectly declaring the evidence as inconsequential, but it was not they who misfiled it under the wrong case which resulted in the defense not getting it pre-trial.

But what if neither of those things had happened? What difference would that evidence have made regarding Baldwin firing the gun? IMO, dismissing the case on the technicality that the defense did not have access to that specific evidence was an overreaction by the Judge.

Um how did the NM republican appoint anyone?

Now
This a Colt .45 blank

IMG_6978
IMG_6978
602×602 27.8 KB

And THIS is a Colt .45 LIVE ROUND
IMG_6979

You’re confusing a blank with a dummy round. Dummy rounds that are used in movies and on stage are indistinguishable by sight from a live round.

1 Like