A real discussion about health care

The difficulty is that if they have assets (a six figure college fund) they might not be able to get on medicaid. Two of my young adult family members have those “medishare” type plans (I forget which one) - it’s a few hundred dollars a month, affordable for both of them. There are certain conditions because it’s a Christian health share. When they have used it, the medical offices were a little baffled - they’d never seen that insurance model. But ultimately they were covered.
I don’t know if the patient would qualify in this situation, but it may be worth looking into.

This is a fictional scenario I used to attempt to start a discussion about a huge hole in our health care system. How to keep a catastrophic illness from not only effecting the patient, but the entire middle class family. The people who are trying to do things right and save some money for retirement/college.

It’s family first. Always has been, but it’s also no surprise that you attempted to conflate my responsibilities with that of the elected government’s. That’s libs for ya. lol

1 Like

Just like it’s in my belief system that govt should help people.

Take the power problems in Texas.

People should not have to pay huge electric bills on their own.

But that just me.

When everyone’s standard of living goes up mine does too.

Allan

That’s great and all, but getting back to healthcare, do you think you have a right to someone’s labor at no cost to you?

As long as the labor gets paid, why does it matter?

These family members that you care about, if you had to pay their doctor bill, would that not be right since they got the service?

Isn’t the important factor that the labor is paid?

Why would that be a problem? Ask don’t steal seems to work.

2 Likes

You have a right to someone else’s labor, do you?

Why?

Hourly people won’t do it.

Yes.

1 Like

Because I am not a shameles, heartless, selfish conservative :roll_eyes:

You need a guy in a lab coat to tell you what to do?

You don’t heed his advice anyway.

But you can government?

1 Like

You are as soon as it cost you.

1 Like

I like the idea of single payer, but not for the same reasons and I have some huge concerns.

Does your family member have a right to someone elses labor if pay for their gall bladder operation?

Of, by and FOR…

Nonsense

Their savings are exactly for this emergency. Say bye.

1 Like