A dose of Reality-More people are killed with blunt objects than All Types of Rifles Combined

Valid points all, in your personal case. That kind of proximity is not usually the case. How about Las Vegas? Were you just as traumatized?

And it seems we move on relatively quickly and even more so if the event not what we expect it to be. For example, the type of weapon used.

We will keep being traumatized by an event with an “assault rifle” long after we forget one with a pistol or something else. Or a lower body count. Or one in which a citizen made a difference.

I understand your feelings about Sandy Hook.

I tend to agree and it will be hard to convince me otherwise. It’s prior restraint.

1 Like

I can’t agree with that. You know as well as I do the vast majority of the species has never and will never be personally affected by these event and are basing their perception of them on media driven images.

I believe it impossible. They are incompatible concepts.

Apologies for bringing up something so far off topic. I just feel like the prior extinction events may be part of why people naturally dream of things trying to kill them even at an age where nothing adverse has happened yet.

Shhhhhhhhhhh!

It’s not off topic at all. You could very well be right. The drive to survive is very strong.

How many times have we found out after the fact that the perpetrator was known to police prior to the final event?

And we think making more people known to police is going to help … how? The police blame laws (rights).

How much power are we willing to give police to “save” us?

Stop asking awkward questions.

Great points. I think the break down of the family is a substantial part of the problem as well.

Also good points about the way the politicians ignore places like Chicago and all the gang shootings there.

Known history of violent tendencies.

"Anti-"psychotic medications.

Racist tendencies.

Well then I guess we shouldn’t worry about illegal immigrants murdering people either

That would seem that someone wouldn’t need to carry a gun for protection.

A hammer will do.

Much more lethal.

You don’t seem to grasp the concept of “winning”.

1 Like

Some folks appear to think that a fair fight is fair. :thinking:

1 Like

Those folks have never been in a fight. Of course they will claim they grew up in 8 Mile.

1 Like

As opposed to denying that little children were even killed, as per Alex Jones?

Understandable. They probably think biting and eye gouging are somehow off-limits too. :thinking:

I pray they never find themselves on the defensive.

Stop watching Alex Jones, you’ll turn into a… never mind. lol

2 Likes

As do I, the shock alone might kill them.

1 Like